Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How does the Razor 1-6 eyebox compare to the Viper PST 1-6?

I have the Viper, just curious if that particular spec improves significantly with the higher level scope?
    I've owned both, I think the Razor is definitely nicer in a few respects, but as others have said the difference isn't incredible. I think someone once said the Viper is 80% of the razor for 50% of the price and I think that is true. I do feel that the Viper build quality "feels" obviously cheaper than the Razor which is in my mind the most noticeable difference. I also feel the Razor's glass is much better at resolving smaller objects at farther distances on 6x mag. Within 200yd the glass quality will not be functionally different as far as its utility as an aiming device goes, and beyond that you just might have a harder time seeing your hits on a paper target, which is tough to do with a 6x scope anyway and a job better suited for a spotting scope.

Thanks for the comments. It sounds like Viper PST is the Pareto Principle optic, which is I right where I normally like to be.
    David S.

RAZOR Gen III MOA version in stock at Kenzies Optics:

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...e3cf002d859616

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MOA gets you killed on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    MOA gets you killed on the streets
    I don't own one but I have plugged both the MRAD and MOA reticles in strelok pro and if you are using it with 5.56, the MOA reticle seems to work much, much better

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I don't own one but I have plugged both the MRAD and MOA reticles in strelok pro and if you are using it with 5.56, the MOA reticle seems to work much, much better
    How so?

The razor 1-10 is the only major LPVO I’ve noticed that has significant differences in reticle design between MOA and MIL variants. I sold my MOA to replace with the Christmas tree MRAD at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How so?

The razor 1-10 is the only major LPVO I’ve noticed that has significant differences in reticle design between MOA and MIL variants. I sold my MOA to replace with the Christmas tree MRAD at some point.

If you use a 50/200 yard zero, it appears that the numbered lines with windage holds correspond very well to drop at those respective yards. Aka the 3, 4, 5, and 6 lines correspond to 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards from what I can tell. So even though it isn't marketed as a BDC reticle, it really seems like it was designed as a very nice BDC for 5.56. Meanwhile, the MRAD reticle is all over the place with 5.56- if you use a 50/200 yard zero, the MRAD reticle markers correspond to approximately 330, 430, 510, 570, 630, 680, etc yards.

I actually have wanted this MOA reticle in a cheaper scope ever since I realized what it was. I like it much more than the ACSS reticles which are the closest thing in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    If you use a 50/200 yard zero, it appears that the numbered lines with windage holds correspond very well to drop at those respective yards. Aka the 3, 4, 5, and 6 lines correspond to 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards from what I can tell. So even though it isn't marketed as a BDC reticle, it really seems like it was designed as a very nice BDC for 5.56. Meanwhile, the MRAD reticle is all over the place with 5.56- if you use a 50/200 yard zero, the MRAD reticle markers correspond to approximately 330, 430, 510, 570, 630, 680, etc yards.

I actually have wanted this MOA reticle in a cheaper scope ever since I realized what it was. I like it much more than the ACSS reticles which are the closest thing in my mind.
    That should be fairly dependent on barrel length and specific ammo though. What were you using for that data?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That should be fairly dependent on barrel length and specific ammo though. What were you using for that data?

This is with m193 plugged in with an expected muzzle velocity of 3100 FPS (corresponding to about 16" barrel length or a fast 14.5" barrel)

I have plugged in for example.mk262 and the BDC reticle a tend to still be usable with tweaking of zero, but unfortunately I did not save this and would need to find the ammo specs for the calculator

Edit: I checked for mk262 and assuming normal 77gr smk bullets going at 2600 FPS, you match the BDC pretty well if you just switch to a 250 yard zero.
    Last edited by pastaslinger; 05-31-2021 at 06:27 PM.

An unboxing on the Delta 1-6 on C_Does youtube channel. The full review will likely come later but this will give you a better idea on the optic than I could have given.

User Tag List