Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Got it though the play store then? I bought the Pro version through Galaxy store and have the latest (April) version available through that resource.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah the Play Store. It says I have Strelok Pro 5.9.9 I would avoid buying anything from the Samsung store because then if you ever go with a non-samsung phone you're boned.

For those of you with higher end LPVO's, do you feel like something such as a Razor Gen IIe, Sig tango 6t, or even Leupold MK6 grants you any abilities than you would have with more budget minded scopes, especially the Phillipines made ones, like the Vortex PST II or the Burris XTR II?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    For those of you with higher end LPVO's, do you feel like something such as a Razor Gen IIe, Sig tango 6t, or even Leupold MK6 grants you any abilities than you would have with more budget minded scopes, especially the Phillipines made ones, like the Vortex PST II or the Burris XTR II?
    Razor Gen II-E to Viper Gen II not really. Some benefits such as slightly lighter, likely more durable, and a bit better glass, but not in the realm of granting new abilities. Razor Gen III, absolutely. But I assume you weren't going that far with the question.

I actually prefer the Viper over the Razor. Durability is the only thing I haven’t tested since I’m not jumping out of airplanes, isolating in the sand dunes, or doing over the beach maneuvers.

LPVOs in 2021

I had one of my most satisfying match placements using my Mk. 6. It was a sniper/carbine team match called the Findlay Cup. It included multiple and simultaneous moving targets, crawling through tunnels, shooting from a moving high lift crane at night, and more. The match required a true jack of all trades optic that could deal with CQB to movers at 600yds in strong wind. I don’t know if the scope gave me special powers, but I sure was happy with it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I had one of my most satisfying match placements using my Mk. 6. It was a sniper/carbine team match called the Findlay Cup. It included multiple and simultaneous moving targets, crawling through tunnels, shooting from a moving high lift crane at night, and more. The match required a true jack of all trades optic that could deal with CQB to movers at 600yds in strong wind. I don’t know if the scope gave me special powers, but I sure was happy with it.
    With the idea of a 0-600m carbine in mind, I've switched to mid power optics like 3-9x and 2.5-10x with an offset dot. Problem is, I now have a leftover couple of LPVOs that I like but have less use for. Hence wondering if I should decrease the number and increase the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    I actually prefer the Viper over the Razor.
    And why is this?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    New abilities ? No. But is the Razor worth it over the PST II for duty type use ? Yes.

Durability, lighter weight with the E model and the locking rheostat to avoid bumping your settings when "wearing" the rifle.

Site Supporter

Skip to 10:45 for the money shot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post

Skip to 10:45 for the money shot.
    Ouch!

User Tag List