Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,165 of 1165

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I believe they said same price as current.

It'll be a great 1x optic. It'll be harder to use at distance with the tight eye box and reduced image quality at 8x. I generally only turn mine up to 6x unless I have a rock solid position and it's a bright sunny day.
    This is the inherent problem with the higher power LPVOs, and I think depending on your use case there are varying degrees of tolerance towards the tight eyebox at the upper end. 1x requires a small objective, and a small objective limits the exit pupil at higher powers. I don't think that can be out-engineered with traditional lens grinding. If the 1-20x optic ever comes about it will be digital imaging. There are enough people praising the Vortex Gen III 1-10 that I think a lot of shooters don't mind a 2.4mm exit pupil at 10x, and with it being FFP you can still run in the middle. This paradox is why I don't think a 1-8 or 1-10 SFP scope makes any sense. I like 10x a lot when shooting past 100 yards so I opted for a Burris XTR3i 3.3-18x50 on my SPR build and gladly put up with a 30oz scope to get a great experience at 10-12x magnification. I still hold the opinion that 1-6 and 1-4 SFP is where LPVOs shine but the market has told me to pound sand.

I will be getting one of these new Primary Arms PLX 1-8x SFP compact scopes as soon as they become available this spring. Maybe it is not quite perfect in some areas but overall it's more than good enough for *me* and my usage and applications. It will be going in either a Badger Ordnance , Zero Gravity , or Reptilia Corp 1.700" height scope mount . I also prefer to run my secondary optic (an Aimpoint ACRO) at a 35 degree offset rather than at the 12 o'clock position.

https://youtu.be/SnnDlyvbCKA?si=vsKfnpE-SbrAOs-3
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-13-2024 at 07:44 PM.

I really wish the new PA scope was dual focal plane. FFP for the etched reticle, and SFP for the fiber dot.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really wish the new PA scope was dual focal plane. FFP for the etched reticle, and SFP for the fiber dot.
    I would like to see what the reticle looks like above 3x as SFP would be a no go for me.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Delta Stryker 1-10 review:

User Tag List