Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    An unboxing on the Delta 1-6 on C_Does youtube channel. The full review will likely come later but this will give you a better idea on the optic than I could have given.

A few more contenders from the same reviewer:

There have been several first hand reports from members here that the eyebox of the Razor Gen III 1-10x is not as generous as that of the previous Gen II 1-6x. How do those experiences align with the results that this gentleman achieves? His approach is at least somewhat methodical and analytic, and he seems to get different results!?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    There have been several first hand reports from members here that the eyebox of the Razor Gen III 1-10x is not as generous as that of the previous Gen II 1-6x. How do those experiences align with the results that this gentleman achieves? His approach is at least somewhat methodical and analytic, and he seems to get different results!?
    I like this video but he doesn't test off-axis tolerance on 1x, which is the part of the eyebox a lot of people are concerned with for fast, up close shooting or for unconventional positions. The formula of objective diameter / magnification doesn't work on 1x.

Some comparative efforts for some of the more expensive options on the market:

After watching that last video, I like my Accupower 1-4’s even more.

FFP scopes and illuminated reticles just don’t impress me on low power and I don’t need daylight bright on high power. I love my FFP 3-9 SWFA for ranging at any magnification but if I’m trying to use a LPVO as a red dot, I want to see a bright red dot, Maybe it gets lost in the camera but I didn’t see anything Aimpoint bright on low power.

Thanks for the videos, I don’t think I’m as deprived as the internet chatter says I am with my Accupowers.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    After watching that last video, I like my Accupower 1-4’s even more.

FFP scopes and illuminated reticles just don’t impress me on low power and I don’t need daylight bright on high power. I love my FFP 3-9 SWFA for ranging at any magnification but if I’m trying to use a LPVO as a red dot, I want to see a bright red dot, Maybe it gets lost in the camera but I didn’t see anything Aimpoint bright on low power.

Thanks for the videos, I don’t think I’m as deprived as the internet chatter says I am with my Accupowers.
    The illumination definitely doesn't come through in video. The LED + fiber illuminated wire reticles (P4Xi, some Credo 1-6 SFP models, Razor 1-6, PSTII 1-6, Delta Stryker 1-6) create an Aimpoint bright dot. The NX8 had a crazy bright center and uses different tech to achieve it.

I'm not someone who thinks daylight bright reticles are a requirement, but I don't deny they have a real benefit.

Another LPVO review from C_Does:

https://youtu.be/KbjhyAKJKf0

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

That's pretty reflective of my experience with both the Viper and Razor (although my Viper didn't have the loose illumination knob noted in the video). The Viper is an outstanding value, and the Razor remains my favorite LPVO for a general purpose AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

I like his apartment building walk throughs that he does. It really shows how a given optics dot/reticle will perform in several different lighting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That's pretty reflective of my experience with both the Viper and Razor (although my Viper didn't have the loose illumination knob noted in the video). The Viper is an outstanding value, and the Razor remains my favorite LPVO for a general purpose AR.
    Garand Thumb reviews the Leupold Mark 6 and compares it to the Razor HD-E and the Nightforce ATACR.

User Tag List