Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If they made a version with capped Tourette’s I would definitely buy one.
    I have to say that it's conceptually intriguing ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    If one was going to use a Geisselle Super Precision mount for the above Primary Arms scope, would the Standard (rather than extended) mount be a good choice to an AR-15 without BUIS?
    Yes, though it will still depend somewhat on your stock length and shooting style.

Site Supporter
    Thanks again, HCM, for sharing your experience. It's appreciated.

C_does' Razor Gen III review:

https://youtu.be/i4YybN8NSDg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Comparing the Nightforce NX8 and ATACRs, both in 1-8x. No option locally to compare both in person that I know of.

The NX8 is about $1000 cheaper, but by reputation has a tighter eyebox and is less durable. Also has an uncapped elevation turret, different recticle and some other things but from the perspective of someone who mostly wants a red dot at 1x with the option of "turn it up and see better" at some distance the weight, durability and eyebox are the things that stand out to me.

Is that a vaguely accurate assessment of those two optics?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Comparing the Nightforce NX8 and ATACRs, both in 1-8x. No option locally to compare both in person that I know of.

The NX8 is about $1000 cheaper, but by reputation has a tighter eyebox and is less durable. Also has an uncapped elevation turret, different recticle and some other things but from the perspective of someone who mostly wants a red dot at 1x with the option of "turn it up and see better" at some distance the weight, durability and eyebox are the things that stand out to me.

Is that a vaguely accurate assessment of those two optics?
    I think if you want "a red dot at 1x with the option of "turn it up and see better"" there are better options available than either of those. For that purpose, I'd strongly suggest something with a SFP reticle instead of FFP. If you are comfortable with the price of the NX8 and you are concerned with weight, I'd suggest the Kahles K16i or K18i if you want 8x and can spend more. If you want to save a little money and are ok with a few more ounces, get the Razor 1-6.

The NX8 is not a bad optic by any means, but in my opinion it makes too many sacrifices in eyebox and field of view to get the small/light form factor to really be considered as a red dot replacement.

I don't have a experience with the ATACR beyond fondling it a few times, but I do have a Gen 3 Razor 1-10 that is a very similar competitor. The FFP reticle in these scopes gives you more ability when zoomed in for longer shots, but I don't think they handle 1x as well, especially with no illumination (the battery life on any of these aren't great so that should be a consideration). They are both fantastic optics, but their strength is kinda the opposite of what you are looking for (great at distance/ok up close vs great up close/ok at distance).

I run a 1-8 and 1-4X optic, and the 1X FFP thing has never bothered me. I've had the 1-4 for almost 8 years and didn't know it was a thing until the internet started making a big deal about it.

The ATACR is a fantastic scope but heavier than the NX8 if that is an issue.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

The ATACR is awesome. It’s like a Vortex Razor 1-6 but for grown-ups.

The NX8 is good little workhorse but not impressive by any means. Look around and find one with the capped elevation turret. The NX8 is the product of a government procurement program and reticle/turret combination looks like something the government would think up.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    It’s like a Vortex Razor 1-6 but for grown-ups.
    Although if someone isn't a grown-up, the Razor is probably pretty good at $900.

Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 JM-1 BDC Riflescope RZR-16003
    https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-raz...iflescope.aspx
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

For sure.

But if money is no object the at the same size and weight the ATACR is a helluva scope.

User Tag List