Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    are you using the mrad reticle?
    I don’t have one. My buddy has two, with mrad.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don’t have one. My buddy has two, with mrad.
    interesting.. I have a 3x magnifier and h2 on my 16inch rifle and have been eyeing lpvos in the 1-6 range to replace it.

Site Supporter
    interesting.. I have a 3x magnifier and h2 on my 16inch rifle and have been eyeing lpvos in the 1-6 range to replace it.
    Funny you should mention that just now. I just got a x3 magnifier for my 16” AR after being dissatisfied with the available precision at 100 yds with a 2 moa dot. The intermediate step was using a Holosun “RDS” with a chevron and holdover references. While I appreciated the increased refinement of the chevron, I found it to be very small. So now I have a (yet unmounted) x3 magnifier.
    I have a feeling that I may be about a year behind you in the process...
    May I ask what is prompting you to look at LVPO now?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Funny you should mention that just now. I just got a x3 magnifier for my 16” AR after being dissatisfied with the available precision at 100 yds with a 2 moa dot. The intermediate step was using a Holosun “RDS” with a chevron and holdover references. While I appreciated the increased refinement of the chevron, I found it to be very small. So now I have a (yet unmounted) x3 magnifier.

So a magnifier is great, until it isn't. It is only 3x magnification and while it helps it doesn't give me hold overs with the h2 or anything past 100 yards to provide a really good PID. If I can get hold overs, good magnification for PID, and its durable I want it. Red dots are great and they are great tools, but so are LPVOS and I really want this gun to have the ability to allow me to assess what is a threat and what isn't given the current climate in the united states.

Red dots are great and they are great tools, but so are LPVOS....
    And I just went the other direction, and am keeping the G33/FAST magnifier, and divesting myself of my modest LPVO setup.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    The Primary Arms ACSS model of holosun? Yeah their website is incredibly misleading. They show you this rather large chevron but when you get it what you see is a small oval insted of a chevron. If you get the brightness setting just right for the light conditions you are shooting in you might get the chevron but in almost every real world use case you get a oval. To say I ws disappointed in that would be an understatment. Propbly returned it.

With the direction the “traditional” LPVO market is going, and the seeming unwillingness of Aimpoint to make what I want, I find myself wishing these guys could just fix their weight problem
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/elcan-s...r-reticle.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    With the direction the “traditional” LPVO market is going, and the seeming unwillingness of Aimpoint to make what I want, I find myself wishing these guys could just fix their weight problem
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/elcan-s...r-reticle.html
    I could love me a nice Elcan ! But the cost... I did find a like new-w/o box Aimpoint Comp M4 to go with the Aimpoint 3x mag that I bought years ago. It was a demo model going cheap so I got it thinking if I didn't mount it on a rifle it could be a nice compact monocle. It has the twist off mount so off it goes when not needed. Aimpoint has a twist off/flip to side mount that I will get for versatility sometime soon. Yes, all set up it's as long as a LPVO and at least as heavy but with the mag removed the foot print is smaller. Plus, the CompM4 is about as bomb proof as it gets and then there is the battery life.
    If I want to save some weight I'll get a lighter barrel.

Elcans are pretty gross.

Arms throw levers with non adjustable tension that are prone to wearing out.

Magnification throw lever prone to breaking

LPVOs in 2021

I love my Elcan 1-4. I’ve beat it up pretty hard. The glass and brightness are stunning. If I had to choose one carbine optic, this would probably be it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List