Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield 2020 rimfire

Springfield 2020 rimfire

https://www.springfield-armory.com/m...imfire-rifles/

For the fellow rimfire nerds like myself out there. Springfield just came out with a new rimfire. Takes ruger 10/22 mags and Remington 700 triggers. It’s made in turkey by retay. It has some good features and I like the wood options. More .22s is never bad and it’s a decent price.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Hadn’t heard of these. I’ve been meaning to pick up a .22 rifle.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I am very excited about this rifle! Using 10/22 magazines is just icing on the cake.

This looks like to perfect rifle to take up into the mountains for some summer hiking/varminting for deer season warm-up

I will keeping a close eye out for one of these.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Beautiful but pricy for a Turkish gun. I wonder what the markup is?

If they’d made the stocks adjustable then maybe, but we’re probably looking at a rifle that will be on then off the market in a few years.

Not sure why I’d pick this rifle over it’s competition, where plenty of ciniwtiyors have been on the market for a long time.

Site Supporter
    I am interested to see how this stacks up against the Ruger American, which IIRC is American made, in the same price range. I've been out of the rimfire world for a few years, so I don't know what the current state of the field is.

The bolt rimfire actions that I'm aware of with R700 footprint tends towards being pretty pricey (Vudoo, for example), and if the accuracy is there for this new action, and if could get dropped into things like Manners stocks or MDT chassis, then it could be pretty cool.

I'm assuming the barrel threads into the action, hopefully with a common thread pattern?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Takes ruger 10/22 mags and Remington 700 triggers.
    My first question was about mags. I didn't think about triggers.

These are very smart moves on their part.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

It's kind of surreal seeing a Springfield Logo on 10/22 magazine.

I'm not sure what this offers over the half a dozen or more on the market but I guess it doesn't hurt to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I'm not sure what this offers over the half a dozen or more on the market but I guess it doesn't hurt to have options.
    When I was really, really wanting a new bolt action .22 a while back, a Bergara checked many of the boxes but I couldn’t convince myself that I wanted yet another magazine type to keep track of.

This solves that problem (assuming the accuracy is there).
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List