Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
I used to have all his videos, his stick material is definitely different than what cops are taught lol. Having hit people with nightsticks and having been hit with an ASP, I wouldn't put too much faith in it.
Well, if you read the review, for me it wasn't all about "putting faith in the stick". Having said that, the video I posted near the end of the review and that Tom Givens shared on this site on his own (with MANY comments from others) showed a stickwielding guy absorbing perhaps a dozen 9mm rounds before dropping, yet many "put their faith" in 9mm. A student at my school is still walking the halls with a .22lr in him, and yet countless people every year are killed with that same round.

None of this is about faith. Much like Will Petty says he'd rather have some portion of a car between him and the person shooting at him (and Mike Pannone told a class I was in that if he was going to get shot, he'd rather have a T-shirt on than nothing), I'd rather have a stick/ASP/baton than nothing.

Oh, and on a final note, you mention Kelly's stick material being different than what cops are taught. Yeah, most of it! And that's the point. As we all seem to collectively know that police training in firearms is inadequate, and in unarmed combatives, and in driving, why would their training with a stick be any less......inadequate?