Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Ruger has just released this Jeff Quinn commerative model GP100:

https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1788.html

I like the cleaner more classic lines of the half underlug. The grips looks good too. I would have preferred something in stainless steel from a hiking/fishing/camping perspective but I still like what Ruger has done here.

I might have to get one of these.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Huge fan of Jeff Quinn. I grew up reading his articles, and Gunblast is still one of my go-to's for looking at firearms reviews. One of the only sources that does a complete chronograph rundown.

And the revolver looks great:

Trigger specs look great as well:

https://gunblast.com/Ruger-JQGP100.htm

Sadly, I have zero interest in .44 Special.

Would have loved to see the 7 Shot .357 GP100 in this configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Huge fan of Jeff Quinn. I grew up reading his articles, and Gunblast is still one of my go-to's for looking at firearms reviews. One of the only sources that does a complete chronograph rundown.

And the revolver looks great:

Trigger specs look great as well:

https://gunblast.com/Ruger-JQGP100.htm

Would have loved to see the 7 Shot .357 GP100 in this configuration.
    I believe Jeff was one of the guy's who had been pestering Ruger for the GP100/44 back when they did the 3" stainless gun. I think it is quite fitting for the memorial edition to be chambered in 44.

All GP100s should have the half underlug from here on out....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Oh, jeez, I did not need to see this.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A lot to like about this one, but an unfluted cylinder in .44 Special? Style over practicality...

That said, swap out the rear for a Bowen Rough Country (the front gold bead is already my preference) and some different stocks, and this would be really, really close to ideal for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

/faints

Oh lawd the half-underlug with that unfluted cylinder. I need a second because holy shit that gun looks great

I have been half toying with the idea of getting one of the blued 5" guns and sending it to Bowen to have the action tuned, Rough Country sights installed and the barrel shortened to four inches. But the Quinn gun would be a better candidate since it would not need the $250 barrel shortening job. That's assuming the Quinn model is priced like its counterpart.

Here's the Gunblast Video:

Oops. Sorry @spyderco monkey I see you already linked above.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 02-18-2021 at 08:42 AM.

I get the feeling they could easily sell 1/4 of the entire special run here at P-F...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    The year is 2023: ammo shelves long barren and mouldering, security teargassing the queue to prevent further knife fights over the latest slim powder delivery, it does little good as the triple masks and goggles worn against the Moldovan variant reduce the effect of the gas, more blood on the pavement, others scuttling about town collecting piss bottles and lump charcoal to process their own black powder, lead a precious commodity.

While GLOCKs have long been demilled as children's toys, you step out into the world. The fat bullets won't shrink, flat meplats increase effect over round nose, softness of pure range scrap lead hand shoveled from the berm a perk, olive oil based grease recipe working just fine to soften the fouling from the black powder substitute found ignored in the corner of a much raided gun shop, the fat cases easy to find on the ground and load with the coarse powder, enough volume to drive those soft cast pills hard enough.

Weight from the unfluted cylinder useful after your fifth shot spent in defense of the toilet tissue under your vest which you are trying to smuggle to one of your dead drops in trade for black market ivermectin. But now the rear corner at the heel of your stocks has been chipped off on a skull, again. Better to swing the empty gun and draw the Ka-Bar than carelessly shuck your brass upon the ground. No pausing to recover after this ambuscade. You must keep moving. Can reload with retention if you can just make it to the seclusion of the burnt-out Wendy's.

And think about a safe route back to your compound. The mission is off now that you've been made. Did your contact burn you? Is the deap drop still secret or must you work to find a new one? Trick question, you are always looking for new ones...

User Tag List