Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I tried to do this on my phone and the result sort of sucks, but you’ll get the general idea.

Attachment 67904
    I guess this means you wouldn't buy a Dale Earnhardt edition Camaro.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

If this group buy gets its wheels and gains traction and the price isn't "as seen on gunjoker" my family is in for 2 total. I have a 3 and a 5 inch and it just makes sense to get this one. I was contemplating finding another 5 inch and having the barrel shortened.

It is a nice-lookin’ revolving pistol, but looks, alone, will probably not suffice, to stimulate me to buy one. The .44 Special is special, but not special-enough, to me, personally, that I would want to carry a 5-shot .44 GP100, rather than a 6-shot .357 GP100. I do hope that this edition sells well, as it encourages Ruger to keep making GP100 revolvers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

This run will sell out, no doubt, and quickly too.

That said, I’d rather have the Dayton model 14 that just sold for a grand over a service-sized 5-shot .44
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Budsgunshop.com is showing $683.23 but not in stock. Might be worth a "notify me when available" sign up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Budsgunshop.com is showing $683.23 but not in stock. Might be worth a "notify me when available" sign up.

That is a much lower price than I would have predicted.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I believe Jeff was one of the guy's who had been pestering Ruger for the GP100/44 back when they did the 3" stainless gun. I think it is quite fitting for the memorial edition to be chambered in 44.

All GP100s should have the half underlug from here on out....

Bingo!

Is the absence of cylinder flutes to increase chamber wall thickness?

I do like both the .44 special and the looks of that gun (except the stocks.)

That’s going to seriously test my resolve.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Bingo!

No. Just adds weight and gives it a different look. S&W has done a few like that as well.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    No. Just adds weight and gives it a different look. S&W has done a few like that as well.

Chris

I wish they wouldn't do that. It makes indexing the cylinder for reloads more difficult, for me at least. Though they do look cool.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Having a cylinder that is heavier than it needs to be for no damned good reason strikes me as being a not good thing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List