Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    45 ACP is so close to 44 spl in performance I consolidated around 45 ACP and purchased a 625 for my revolver jones. S&W just took the 625 off of their website and it's out of production, so I'm told.
    I still have a .45acp/colt convertible Blackhawk for the same reason. Close enough, and easier to feed.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    With the discussion of theoretical cartridges and stuff we want Ruger to make; I am going to plug my idea for a medium frame LCR.

The new gun would really be nothing more than the current LCR swelled up to make it something similar in size to the bygone Security Six. With the accompanying bigger cylinder, Ruger would chamber the gun in 44 Special and rate it for the nonexistent 44 Special +P.

I have said in other threads that the 44 really does need a SAAMI pressure update. I'm not talking about a huge increase but rather a mild one. Maybe bump it up to 21.5K or so.

Partner with Hornady on the ammo and introduce a flex lock bullet in the 180-200 grain range. Something with a bit more mass than the shallow penetrating 165 gr Critical Defense.

The new gun and ammo would be a modern day version of the Charter Arms Bulldog. Light, easy to carry yet powerful and useful for backpacking, fishing, and personal defense.

The new LCR would also be available as a 6-shooter in 357 and a 7-shooter in 327. This way Ruger would have a 5, 6 and 7 lineup.

2.5 or 3" barrels would be used throughout. The top strap would be beefy enough for a Novak rear ala Wiley Clapp and the metal bits would be nitride treated and/or stainless steel.

In essence it would be a polymer frame version of this. But with a shrouded hammer:

+1 to this from me! A modernized Security Six is what I crave. Though I would want an exposed hammer and adjustable sights for a 4 inch version as an option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What I like about revolvers is that I don't need anything besides the gun and the cartridges to make them go bang. No clips, magazines or any of that tomfoolery.
    Probably why they're still around and in use. I've carried a model 36 off and on for 30 years. I'm not looking to get into a gun fight but I want something better than a blade if I need to buy some time to exit a dangerous situation. I don't think anyone wants to take a round in the chest at 10 ft. I do have other compacts for carry but they're all 10 or less capacity. I never carry a spare mag.

This is a no shit story. I got my permit to carry concealed 30 years ago after getting into a confrontation with some drug dealers in N. Seattle. They pushed me a little too hard one day and I decided I needed to start packing some heat. Funny how gang bangers and drug dealers can always tell someone is packing and may not be a pigeon. Must be body language or something. You choice, door #3.

I will defiantly cap your ass if you present a threat and you present the opportunity.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-20-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Probably why they're still around and in use. I've carried a model 36 off and on for 30 years. I'm not looking to get into a gun fight but I want something better than a blade if I need to buy some time to exit a dangerous situation. I don't think anyone wants to take a round in the chest at 10 ft. I do have other compacts for carry but they're all 10 or less capacity. I never carry a spare mag.

This is a no shit story. I got my permit to carry concealed 30 years ago after getting into a confrontation with some drug dealers in N. Seattle. They pushed me a little too hard one day and I decided I needed to start packing some heat. Funny how gang bangers and drug dealers can always tell someone is packing and may not be a pigeon. Must be body language or something. You choice, door #3.

I will defiantly cap your ass if you present a threat and you present the opportunity.

Obviously Not directed at anyone here.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Unless it's your last case, I'd do that. Ammo's a consumable, you'll always be buying more. Eventually the price will come back down. That MG will probably never get cheaper and may become near unobtanium over time (they're not making more).

To be honest, I think I like low pressure 45s in an N-frame more than 44cals. Even though it has the dreaded hole, I really like shooting my 625. I also have a 25 in 45Colt that's a hoot, but it's a bit too pretty to take it out often. The 625, with its stainless construction and facial blemish is much more "usable".

Chris
    Yeah, I just need to find a local who wants to pay a $ per round and I'd do it.

I just hope my son appreciates revolvers more than he needs 556 down the line.

The first sample appears on gunstroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893075858

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    $1,500?

The seller can dream on.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    $1,500?

The seller can dream on.
    Yeah that's my thought as well. MSRP is under a Grand.

I realize this is a limited run and all but still

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It’s worth what people will pay for it. There are most def 500 people that will pay over a grand for that gun. I’m not one of them, but that doesn’t change the fact that none of these will be going for $949... which is already apocalyptic lucre for a GP-100.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I tried to do this on my phone and the result sort of sucks, but you’ll get the general idea.

Name:  F9467431-FD7E-41A7-B5C0-FFE5C2DB8514.jpeg
Views: 343
Size:  91.9 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List