Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Part of me wishes this gun was chambered in .41 Special.
    Let's call it the .41 Ruger Special. AFAIK, it's not a SAAMI-designated cartridge, so if people can persuade Ruger to name it after their company, maybe they'll make the gun.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 02-19-2021 at 08:21 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Honestly, if I could get any .44, I’d rather have a 4” or 5” Model 24 or a 4” Model 21. The 4” Model 69 is interesting. So is the GP.100.

But still, I’d prefer six over five.
    This is why I roll with 10mm for sixguns

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

Was it SOP in those days to train for gutshots? That would be a interesting way to enhance psychological stops in a pre-JHP era.
    Yes. There is an article on the nearest bookshelf debating the Big Switch. Could make a thread seeded with some clopped sbippets and try baiting some members who were around at the time. It was a combination of the hop-level point shooting and, leter when aimed fire was common, institutional inertia plus theory it would reduce wild misses over high center chest. There was a logic to both and the article was quite balanced with a measured cokparison boyh among novices and trained hands.

Honestly, if I could get any .44, I’d rather have a 4” or 5” Model 24 or a 4” Model 21. The 4” Model 69 is interesting. So is the GP.100.

But still, I’d prefer six over five.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Purist.
    Yeah, well....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This is why I roll with 10mm for sixguns
    10mm autorim? .40 S&W autorim? That could effectively get us the .41 Special.

Those interested can ask Starline to make the brass. The point might be made that there are factory guns already for shooting it.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 02-19-2021 at 08:43 AM.

10mm autorim? .40 S&W autorim? That could effectively get us the .41 Special.

Those interested can ask Starline to make the brass. The point might be made that there are factory guns already for shooting it.
    I mean just regular old 10mm, I like saying "clips"

Hamilton Bowen's website offers Python barrels on GP100 frames, and he suggests that a 10mm done in that fashion would be a nice piece.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So - should we ask @Hansohn Brothers to contact Lipsey's and procure 8 or 10 of these for P-F members?

Because I see interest for a half-dozen of them right here (myself included). Then we can all order from Hansohn and have them shipped to our local FFLs for pickup, nice and easy.

As long as the cost is reasonable, I'm in for one. I'll ask for forgiveness later.

Site Supporter
    I am very eager to get my hands on one of these. Looks perfect. I even have a little SDM gold bead brand new in its little baggy that has been looking for a home! Add gold bead, bob hammer, change to my old pair of Pach Compacs (the wood grips would be put up for days when someone would see it) and done.

You know, I would have laughed if 10 years ago you had told me that Ruger would be making all the hot stuff and I would be lining up to buy their guns new as fast as I could, but a pile of New Model Flat Tops, Single Sevens, LCPs, .44 spl GP 100s later....

Okay so I've got:

@RevolverRob
    @jetfire
    @Crazy Dane
    @revolvergeek

@Totem Polar - Come on buddy those new lenses need a gold bead front sight and .44s

That would be 1% of this entire run allocated to P-Fers (if we convince Totem to pull the trigger).

User Tag List