Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    All GP100s should have the half underlug from here on out....
    I agree....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Having a cylinder that is heavier than it needs to be for no damned good reason strikes me as being a not good thing.
    Doesn't make sense to me either.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Having a cylinder that is heavier than it needs to be for no damned good reason strikes me as being a not good thing.
    Why do you hate my 27-3 and 28-2?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Why do you hate my 27-3 and 28-2?
    I don’t, I have one of them. But I did one look at a 28 that was for sale which was as out of time as any gun I’ve seen.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    The year is 2023: ammo shelves long barren and mouldering, security teargassing the queue to prevent further knife fights over the latest slim powder delivery, it does little good as the triple masks and goggles worn against the Moldovan variant reduce the effect of the gas, more blood on the pavement, others scuttling about town collecting piss bottles and lump charcoal to process their own black powder, lead a precious commodity.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post

While GLOCKs have long been demilled as children's toys, you step out into the world. The fat bullets won't shrink, flat meplats increase effect over round nose, softness of pure range scrap lead hand shoveled from the berm a perk, olive oil based grease recipe working just fine to soften the fouling from the black powder substitute found ignored in the corner of a much raided gun shop, the fat cases easy to find on the ground and load with the coarse powder, enough volume to drive those soft cast pills hard enough.

Weight from the unfluted cylinder useful after your fifth shot spent in defense of the toilet tissue under your vest which you are trying to smuggle to one of your dead drops in trade for black market ivermectin. But now the rear corner at the heel of your stocks has been chipped off on a skull, again. Better to swing the empty gun and draw the Ka-Bar than carelessly shuck your brass upon the ground. No pausing to recover after this ambuscade. You must keep moving. Can reload with retention if you can just make it to the seclusion of the burnt-out Wendy's.

And think about a safe route back to your compound. The mission is off now that you've been made. Did your contact burn you? Is the deap drop still secret or must you work to find a new one? Trick question, you are always looking for new ones...

Love it. If you're not writing books, you should be. And if you are, please PM me with details on where they can be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    If you're not writing books, you should be.
    Don't think the better half would approve of me becoming more misanthtopic, taking to chain smoking, and commencing to drink like a fish. I could see exercising the brain with short stories being an attractive hobby, though.

I called a local dealer today to see if they could get one of these JQ models and he said Lipsey's was out of stock. I'm guessing this go at it here is a failure to launch too?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Having a cylinder that is heavier than it needs to be for no damned good reason is like camping sober. It just doesn't make any sense.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I called a local dealer today to see if they could get one of these JQ models and he said Lipsey's was out of stock. I'm guessing this go at it here is a failure to launch too?
    Bud’s had them in stock, according to their website. $860 or so.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Bud’s had them in stock, according to their website. $860 or so.

I guess I missed them even though I was checking often and Bud's in stock notification did not work. Maybe Ruger will do a batch of 4 inch guns that isn't a commemorative edition.

User Tag List