Thread: 357 SW price

357 SW price

All I know is Stainless pre lock 357 6” barrel adjustable sights. Can anybody give a price of the various models and ill relay the info to him.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Well that is a pretty broad request. Assuming it is a Model 66 or 686, auction prices likely start at $500 to $600 for a beater and go up to $1500 give or take for a mint example with box and papers. Guns with agency markings, commemoratives or weird variations would likely bring more...
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    All I know is Stainless pre lock 357 6” barrel adjustable sights. Can anybody give a price of the various models and ill relay the info to him.
    So, Model 66 or 686? What sort of price is he looking for? What he can get from a gun store, what he can get from a friend, or a private sale? In what part of the country, too? Does he have the box, the documents in the box, the original tools, the original grips? Unfired? High round count? And prices aren't exactly stable these days. MIM or none? Fixed or floating firing pin?

And then there are the three criteria that Tam mentions from time to time: Condition, Condition, Condition.

I guess what I'm getting at is that your buddy is not asking a simple question.

Not sure if this will work, but here are completed auctions for 686s and the same for 66s.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Well that is a pretty broad request. Assuming it is a Model 66 or 686, auction prices likely start at $500 to $600 for a beater and go up to $1500 give or take for a mint example with box and papers. Guns with agency markings, commemoratives or weird variations would likely bring more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So, Model 66 or 686? What sort of price is he looking for? What he can get from a gun store, what he can get from a friend, or a private sale? In what part of the country, too? Does he have the box, the documents in the box, the original tools, the original grips? Unfired? High round count? And prices aren't exactly stable these days. MIM or none? Fixed or floating firing pin?

And then there are the three criteria that Tam mentions from time to time: Condition, Condition, Condition.

I guess what I'm getting at is that your buddy is not asking a simple question.

Not sure if this will work, but here are completed auctions for 686s and the same for 66s.
    Thans very much Ill just copy n paste your replies. Id say it’s in good shape or he wouldnt be interested. Considering this is out in the boondocks I highly dought anything special as far as markings. The guy wants 700 so we will see what happens. Thanks very much!!

Model would help, as would number of shots. There were also some stainless 27s, so 627 and variations, some that were 8 shooters, or performance center special runs of limited numbers will influence value. I dont know if the 686+ (or Plus meaning 7 shooter) brings more or not. If you can even get a picture of it it would help ID it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Model would help, as would number of shots. There were also some stainless 27s, so 627 and variations, some that were 8 shooters, or performance center special runs of limited numbers will influence value. I dont know if the 686+ (or Plus meaning 7 shooter) brings more or not. If you can even get a picture of it it would help ID it.
    I cant get any more info than what i provided. I have no idea why he even asked me because I dont know about anything other than the J frames I own.

I wonder if he already has any ammo for it? If it comes with any ammo thats a huge plus.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I cant get any more info than what i provided. I have no idea why he even asked me because I dont know about anything other than the J frames I own.
    Hey, you’re a gun guy! You’re supposed to know about all guns, right? </sarc>

(Hell, I forgot about the 627s, too.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Hey, you’re a gun guy! You’re supposed to know about all guns, right? </sarc>

(Hell, I forgot about the 627s, too.)
    I think thats it exactly. This is a guy I worked with for 20 years trained him to be an electrician. Good guy if he gets it Ill go shoot it and gets some pics of it.

User Tag List