Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest snow storm

HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar

Midwest snow storm

Anyone catch this? St Louis did not disappoint with idiot drivers. I drove through snow and low visibility from Kentucky to Kansas. White knuckles all day.
    #RESIST

Where are you at presently? Not buzzing I-70 through Kansas are you?

Take good care, out there...
    Retaríd LE

Donít tread on volcanos!

We got about 6-7 inches in NE Ohio, I work from home so had no need to be out in it.

In SW Ohio, we got less snow than forecast for this system, but still more than we usually get. I finally got to work with the snowshoes I bought several years ago. Itís supposed to get below zero tonight, which also doesnít happen here every year.

My part of the Idaho Treasure Valley received 8-10 inches of pretty wet snow. Not much problem driving, but with our rolling terrain north-facing slopes could be tricky with intermittent patches of ice/pavement. Not to be outdone I84 had to be closed for a period of time a few evenings ago due to multiple accidents; apparently some couldn't figure out that the wet roads would become icy as temperatures where dropping into the 20's. I'm on a Zoom every Tuesday early am with friends in Cedar Rapids, IA; puts snowfall and temperatures in perspective and some of the retirees are in MN and MI; lots of talk about ice fishing.

4-6" here. Doesn't sound like much, but with all our other snow, there's no place to put it.

"A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very, very dangerous man who has it under voluntary control."
    --Jordan Peterson

IS WHAT PLANTS CRAVE BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    4-6" here. Doesn't sound like much, but with all our other snow, there's no place to put it.

Plot twist: That's just 1/4" of snow on his massive spoiler.
    Important rule change regarding political discussion here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....58#post1151858

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

IS WHAT PLANTS CRAVE BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Anyone catch this? St Louis did not disappoint with idiot drivers. I drove through snow and low visibility from Kentucky to Kansas. White knuckles all day.
    I got to help a few people push their cars back into drivable sections of the road. I "plowed" my drive with my Charger getting home last night, and had already shoveled once before leaving for work. I shoveled again today and my neighbor came over with his snowblower and helped me finish up. I was wearing my old field jacket and he noticed my unit patch. Turns out we were both 1st ID, although many years apart.
    Important rule change regarding political discussion here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....58#post1151858

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Picking my wife up from the St Louis airport was miserable. I am amazed at how fast the semis were moving on the roads in hazardous conditions.

Should have let me know- the LL family could have hibernated in a spare bedroom....
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List