Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    We'll do lefty. The plan is to do lefty for all new stuff and consider the costs doubled and just soak it up.
    Getting benevolent?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Getting benevolent?
    Ha! Nah, but we're still in a position to be able to offer lefty in lower volumes and just deal. That's not to say that selling to left handed people is "just dealing with it," but it's just shit for some folks to not be able to get a dedicated lefty holster. We did it with the HK P30L and VP9 and the bandaid peeling off hurt far, far less, so we're working on it this way moving forward.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Gotta say, this is getting more intriguing the more I look at it. Hitting the market with a good optics mounting system, good sights available, and good holsters from great manufacturers is a really good move. I haven’t shot walthers that much, but I’ve found both the PPQ M2 and the Q5 SF to be just easy to shoot well.

The only thing that gives me pause is the lack of striker control device or manual safety. That being said, I’m seriously considering grabbing one of the compact models and an Orion to wear it in.

I shot many thousand rounds through Q5 Match and PPQ pistols. They were accurate, reliable and durable. It pointed great and the dot came naturally. They split well and the trigger had a great feel. I had a few issues. Over many rounds, the left edge of the beaver tail area bruised the inside of the knuckle at the base of my thumb enough to make a painful raised welt. The grip was short for my hands. With some very aggressive reloads, the striker dropped, although the striker block kept it from firing. I am optimistic all those things are fixed in the full size.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot many thousand rounds through Q5 Match and PPQ pistols. They were accurate, reliable and durable. It pointed great and the dot came naturally. They split well and the trigger had a great feel. I had a few issues. Over many rounds, the left edge of the beaver tail area bruised the inside of the knuckle at the base of my thumb enough to make a painful raised welt. The grip was short for my hands. With some very aggressive reloads, the striker dropped, although the striker block kept it from firing. I am optimistic all those things are fixed in the full size.
    Regarding the thumb knuckle issue, I’ve never shot any gun as hard as you have, but I’ve noticed a similar issue on the FN 509 and on the HK P30 with some grip combinations. The beaver tail area on the PDP does look pretty thick. Hopefully they hit a gun store near me soon so I can actually hold one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Regarding the thumb knuckle issue, I’ve never shot any gun as hard as you have, but I’ve noticed a similar issue on the FN 509 and on the HK P30 with some grip combinations. The beaver tail area on the PDP does look pretty thick. Hopefully they hit a gun store near me soon so I can actually hold one.
    A few weeks back, I coonfingered a Q4 SF, which I believe has a similar beavertail as the new pistols, and it felt good and different than the PPQ/Q5.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A few weeks back, I coonfingered a Q4 SF, which I believe has a similar beavertail as the new pistols, and it felt good and different than the PPQ/Q5.
    That’s good to hear. Just from looking at them, the PDP looks like it’s a bit wider and smoother on the edges than the PPQ, kind of in between it and the Q4. I suppose since it’s polymer it can be smoothed and re profiled a bit if necessary.

It's been a year or two since I've touched a PPQ, but the PDP doesn't seem to have any meat that would wear at me on other pistols.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    We'll do lefty. The plan is to do lefty for all new stuff and consider the costs doubled and just soak it up.
    Awesome man, well I'll be purchasing one in lefty once mine come in. I've used either your G17 or G43 holster basically every day for years now.

Hammertime
    I am not personally getting the hype on this gun. I had several PPQs and P99s, and they were great guns. And they dropped the striker easily and didn't do anything the old Glock didn't do. I really liked them, but I can't say I miss them.

To me, this looks like a PPQ with Glock sight compatibility and an optic mount. Am I missing something?

It is certainly a logical improvement on the PPQ platform, and hopefully improves on the striker thing at the same time and should be a great option for current Walther shooters, but I don't see it prompting me to buy anything, and I need very little prompting to buy a new gun.

User Tag List