Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why didn't you like it?
    Thats a good question. Its kinda hard to say. It just feels like a very hollow feeling lower with a very top heavy slide on it. I do love the texture and the trigger is really great. I shot a compact and it felt very snappy to me. Completely shootable. But just not a very flat gun. Obviously more time would probably mitigate that. I can totally see why people like them.

I got to shoot my PDP Pro with the PMM compensator installed. Shot well, no reliability issues, although I only shot Lawman 124 with it.

After shooting it some, my sense was that the PDP with a comp feels about like a Glock 19 without a comp.

Name:  IMG_3594.jpg
Views: 2323
Size:  101.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got to shoot my PDP Pro with the PMM compensator installed. Shot well, no reliability issues, although I only shot Lawman 124 with it.

After shooting it some, my sense was that the PDP with a comp feels about like a Glock 19 without a comp.
    Dang, talk about damning with faint praise!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Got to fingerbang @AsianJedi ‘s PDP-F yesterday. NICE. It’s got the Lucky 7s.

Name:  4C2CC2D9-3E0C-436D-BE6D-024573E89A9F.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  44.1 KB

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrTOu8Nr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Got to fingerbang @AsianJedi ‘s PDP-F yesterday. NICE. It’s got the Lucky 7s.

Name:  4C2CC2D9-3E0C-436D-BE6D-024573E89A9F.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  44.1 KB

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrTOu8Nr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Is the F significantly smaller than a standard compact or just thinned out a bit? More pointedly, is it as stark as a 19-48?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Is the F significantly smaller than a standard compact or just thinned out a bit? More pointedly, is it as stark as a 19-48?
    It's still a full width double stack.

I have a F, and I regret getting it. To make the lower (and slide force) girl friendly, they did some weird stuff that makes it a mongrel. For example, the Walther Performance trigger isn't compatible. When you dry fire, with the different striker design, the trigger won't reset unless you pull the slide ALL the way to the rear. To me, it isn't enough smaller than a PDP Compact to justify the differences.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Dang, talk about damning with faint praise!
    Ain't that the truth. I've been contemplating either a PDP Pro with comp or an MSP spec build from Monsoon and this review really sinks the Pro for me. I had a 5" PDP for a short time and just found it more abrupt than I like. I considered a brass backstrap but ultimately chose to sink money into my Q5SF.

I will see @AsianJedi in a few weeks when I take his class (again) and will need to shoot his gun.

I'm sensing some mixed feelings on this thread with the PDPs. I own 5 of these guns, 5" 4.5's and the 4".... I get the recoil impulse turns some dudes off... In fact, I talked to the Walther rep about this some at the TTPOA swat conference not long ago. My comment was the timer and target always tell the tale, and my experience is that these guns perform. I'll always be a glock fan boy, these guns really do perform at a higher level. Just my .02.

I really want to like the new Walthers, I just wonder what is the source of this stiffer / greater recoil impulse?

That seems to be the fate of all the Glock competitors - they improve a number of aspects of the pistol over the Glock, but then introduce some fatal flaw that sinks it / prevents it from being clearly superior.

User Tag List