Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Grip size is not an issue for her. The 320 Legion grip is not exactly small.

Does the F series of pistols have any recoil reducing mechanism or design that isn't a gimmick?
    Supposed to be easier to manipulate the slide. I’ve only got my hands on one for about 10 seconds, so I can’t really give a whole lot more info or an opinion.

Name:  A6D2F7AD-FD6F-403F-9E90-A84A1B8E211E.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  52.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Supposed to be easier to manipulate the slide. I’ve only got my hands on one for about 10 seconds, so I can’t really give a whole lot more info or an opinion.

That really has no effect on recoil, which is what he was asking. It merely helps weaker handed folks operate the slide for manipulations.

Just wanted to share my experience as well. I've been a DA/SA guy for the last 5 yers. CZ P07/09s and recently a Tanfo Limited Pro.

I picked up a PDP compact from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore with the tungsten cerakoted slide.

I've got about 600-700 rounds through it and it has replaced my P07 for AIWB. The Phlster Pro is also the best AIWB I've had thus far.

The trigger is really nice. The hard wall has taken some getting used to. I'm fond of a rolling break in a trigger. It's been reliable and the awesome return to zero is a real thing despite the gun having a little more flip.

I have a ZR guide rod on the way and a 15lb ISMI spring waiting when it gets here.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    Yes, I have a 5'" PDP that im running with a SRO. I did replace the factory recoil spring with a KR tactical guiderod and ISMI 15LB spring. All else stock. Shoots great and again, all this talk about heavier recoil compared to other guns is probably a thing, although i find these guns crazy fast and they stack rounds for me. Whats the standard that you're looking for? Sub 2 Bills at 7? Yes, it does that.... sub 3.5 at 25 yards? Yes, it does that too. I mean these guns shoot.
    I would hope so. The trigger on those things is what, 4lbs stock? That's good on a 1911, no less a plastic gun.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I would hope so. The trigger on those things is what, 4lbs stock? That's good on a 1911, no less a plastic gun.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I haven't measured it but I'd guess a tad over 4 but yeah they are already light enough for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

10-4. She has no issues with a 17-18 lb recoil spring in any factory polymer gun.

Still curious about the recoil impulses between the different slide lengths if anyone wants to chime in!

Also, have people found that replacing the factory recoil spring with a 15 lb spring, relieves some of the snappiness?

10-4. She has no issues with a 17-18 lb recoil spring in any factory polymer gun.

Still curious about the recoil impulses between the different slide lengths if anyone wants to chime in!

Also, have people found that replacing the factory recoil spring with a 15 lb spring, relieves some of the snappiness?
    I'll chime in... i have the 4", 4.5" and 5" full size guns. I like the balance of the 5" gun better but find i am running some of my best runs with the 4.5". The 4" to me is the most snappy in recoil but not enough to matter really. I am also running the 15lb spring in 2 of my guns and honestly i cannot tell a huge difference at speed. i am not super sensitive to recoil and only really care about how the gun tracks. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the variations. i do find myself shooting the 4.5" more than the others. In fact, i just shot it for my retired LE quals this week. I am running a holosun 509T on my 4.5 guns, and SROs on my 4" and 5" guns. I'd carry any of these and not worry about it. They point naturally and return to POA like a boss. That my .02

think the 3.5 or 4 inch has an easier slide to rack?

I just installed a ZR Tactical guide rod and ISMI G17 15lb recoil spring in my 4" compact. I can say with confidence, that the gun feel/runs much better. Comparing some slow motion video with doubles, the gun has less bounce on return and just feels more pleasant. Your results may vary. 200 rounds down with no malfunctions. I'll update if that changes.

I’m somewhat surprised that this topic has kinda fizzled out. I’ve spent the last couple of days investigating the Walther PDP as a possible CCW and trying to sift through the (YouTube reviewers) hype. This topic has provided some really solid information.

I trust the members here for unbiased advice and suggestions; Is the PDP a legitimate contender against a Glock for a CCW handgun or has it not lived up to expectations?

User Tag List