Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All the Walthers I've handled and shot have quite vertical "1911/2011" grip angles. I'm wondering if the PDP is different, and more CZ like?
    The PDP feels very vertical to me - points alot like a p320 to me.

Just a heads up,.. For those that have been searching. Full size, 18 rounders are in stock here as of this posting;

https://dkfirearms.com/product/walth...ound-magazine/

Ordered a couple 15 round mags from them with no issues beyond occasional slightly slow shipping. 👍🏻

Site Supporter
    Picked up a 4.5" full-size PDP this weekend at my local Bass Pro for $550. It was in their used display case, but appears unfired (and was $50 cheaper than the new one a few cases down).

The owner's manual was missing, so I didn't know if the original owner had used the "free plate" coupon or not. I went on Walther's website yesterday and plugged my info and the serial number into the form and hoped for the best...got an email an hour later that my plate request was processed and prepped for shipping.

I've scanned through the thread, but didn't see a definitive answer...is the free OEM plate acceptable or is it better to spend the @$70 for the CHPWS plate?

I can't remember if it was here or else where I read the "feels like airsoft" comment, but I noticed a definite difference in "heft" compared to my VP9 and P10C I also had on the workbench last night. I decided to weigh them and was surprised to learn that the PDP was only 1 oz. lighter than the CZ, and @ 1.5oz. lighter than the HK...it surely "feels" much lighter. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it...maybe it'll nudge my P10C (which supplanted my VP9) out of my duty holster for work.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Picked up a 4.5" full-size PDP this weekend at my local Bass Pro for $550. It was in their used display case, but appears unfired (and was $50 cheaper than the new one a few cases down).

The owner's manual was missing, so I didn't know if the original owner had used the "free plate" coupon or not. I went on Walther's website yesterday and plugged my info and the serial number into the form and hoped for the best...got an email an hour later that my plate request was processed and prepped for shipping.

I've scanned through the thread, but didn't see a definitive answer...is the free OEM plate acceptable or is it better to spend the @$70 for the CHPWS plate?

I can't remember if it was here or else where I read the "feels like airsoft" comment, but I noticed a definite difference in "heft" compared to my VP9 and P10C I also had on the workbench last night. I decided to weigh them and was surprised to learn that the PDP was only 1 oz. lighter than the CZ, and @ 1.5oz. lighter than the HK...it surely "feels" much lighter. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it...maybe it'll nudge my P10C (which supplanted my VP9) out of my duty holster for work.
    I really like these:

https://taylorfreelancestore.com/wal...p-brass-black/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

Using the free plate on mine and it seems to be holding up just fine. Probably a bad habit but I tend to grab the optic when racking my slide. Have experienced no issues doing this. Have to say, it is my #3 favorite handgun after the PX4 and C2. Its the one striker fired pistol that I shoot really well. Was in the bulls eye all day this past range weekend from 10 and 15 yards out.

If you are interested in the history of Walther pistols and understand a bit German, then this is for you (brand-new video):

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    and understand a bit German
    For those who don't, Larry Vickers went to the Walther museum in Germany:

(I remembered the video and just re-found it. Walther fans perhaps already know the video.)

PDP compact or G19 Gen5

Looking for advice. I have been a dedicated Glock (IDPA, classes etc) shooter for probably 15 years. The PDP compact interests me. Looking for opinions from those who have shot/own both.
    -Shoot ability of the pdp compared to glock.
    -conceal-ability of the pdp ( I carry appendix) Except shooting IDPA
    -practical accuracy with range vs self defense ammo
    - any long term issues

Thanks for the assist
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Looking for advice. I have been a dedicated Glock (IDPA, classes etc) shooter for probably 15 years. The PDP compact interests me. Looking for opinions from those who have shot/own both.
    -Shoot ability of the pdp compared to glock.
    -conceal-ability of the pdp ( I carry appendix) Except shooting IDPA
    -practical accuracy with range vs self defense ammo
    - any long term issues

Thanks for the assist
    Steve
    The PDP compact and 19 are both great choices. The PDP trigger will be easier than the Glock trigger for many shooters, since being able to shoot a Glock trigger well means you can pretty much shoot anything, where the reverse may not be the case. Something to figure out is whether the corner of the flat beaver tail on the PDP batters the joint at the base of your thumb. It does on a PPQ and PDP, and causes me significant discomfort -- callous and bruising.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM, thanks for the info, i think ill see if the two local indoor ranges have one to rent, then i can do some non draw drills and compare and check discomfort level. I do smooth out under my glock trigger guard.

User Tag List