Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    My live fire has stagnated, but I saw recently that Ben Stoeger has acquired a couple. Should be some interesting data points from a competitive perspective:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CWJuAS_LMmU/
    Between this, and a story on thefirearmblog, makes me wonder if Walther is trying to build some buzz. I have seen literally just one at a USPSA match to date.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

While browsing Walthers, I saw Taylor Freelance has come out with these pretty spiffy brass backstaps for the PDP, which adds 3.8oz to help reduce recoil / improve balance.

Similar in concept to their Seattle Slug for the Glock, which I have and like a great deal (helps counter balance my WML.)

If I end up snagging the 5" PDP, I plan on getting one of these brass backstraps in Black as well.

Vending Machine Operator
    As court staff I still get the qualified professional discount at at few places and there are a lot of well-priced PDPs. It's tempting. Can't help but feel like if I hold out for a bit prices will go back to cheap though. Especially depending on the SCOTUS decision and post-COVID supply chain easing. But I haven't bought a new service pistol in a few years and my buying finger is getting itchy.

Most likely I'll end up with another Glock or M&P 2.0. There's a reason those damn things multiply like bunnies in my safe.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    As court staff I still get the qualified professional discount at at few places and there are a lot of well-priced PDPs. It's tempting. Can't help but feel like if I hold out for a bit prices will go back to cheap though. Especially depending on the SCOTUS decision and post-COVID supply chain easing. But I haven't bought a new service pistol in a few years and my buying finger is getting itchy.

Most likely I'll end up with another Glock or M&P 2.0. There's a reason those damn things multiply like bunnies in my safe.
    I like my 5" FS well enough, but not enough to invest in all the ancillary equipment. Probably going to offload for another Glock/Beretta.

Vending Machine Operator
    I like my 5" FS well enough, but not enough to invest in all the ancillary equipment. Probably going to offload for another Glock/Beretta.
    Thanks for the two cents, every data point helps.

Your point about the ancillary equipment is really what scares me off everything these days. I am already kitted out for Glocks and M2.0s. If there was one other platform I'd kit up for it would be the APX, since mine is absurdly good for the $324 I spent.

Between my current roster of Gen 4 17, Gen 5 17 MOS, Gen 5 19, Gen 3 23, M2.0 4.6" .45, M2.0 4" 9mm compact, M2.0 5" Pro Series, M2.0 Shield 9, and LCP Max, there just isn't much my current roster can't handle. And these ones are all supplied with holsters and ammo they like and they all run. I'm a lot more stingy with my money these days.

If something is going to move me, it'll probably be the 10mm M&Ps if they pan out.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I can't handle doin 50 pages. Does PDP have a large grip circumference / size than PPQ?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

How is the recoil / snappiness on the 5" fullsize?

I had sold my 4" PPQ compact because it was weirdly snappy, but I loved the ergos, trigger, and accuracy. I've been hoping the PDP / being a 5" would have created a milder shooting pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I can't handle doin 50 pages. Does PDP have a large grip circumference / size than PPQ?
    The grip is longer than a PPQ, as it uses 18 round magazines instead of 15. It is shaped and textured differently, but it is similar in width, with the PDP compact using PPQ magazines. The PDP is very lightweight, so those TF back straps might help.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    How is the recoil / snappiness on the 5" fullsize?

I had sold my 4" PPQ compact because it was weirdly snappy, but I loved the ergos, trigger, and accuracy. I've been hoping the PDP / being a 5" would have created a milder shooting pistol.
    To me, the recoil impulse feels soft / similar to comparable 5" striker guns. From memory, the 4" seemed snappier than say- a G19 but the 5" feels more like a G34 if that helps. I have a 509T on a CHPWS plate and also like how easy it is to track the dot compared to MOS guns.

For CO, there isn't much shooting difference between a PDP, M&P CORE or Glock. The bigger differences are with the Legion, Shadow 2 and Walther steel frames, due to weight.

User Tag List