Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushytale View Post
    My two PDPs and one PPQ have the Walther dynamic performance triggers. My other PPQ has the Overwatch Precision trigger. All four have reduced sear engagement. I set them all up at 4.5 lb. pull wgt. They all have the standard striker spring and the 4.4 lb. Overwatch trigger spring. I tested them all by repeatedly hitting the slide in the rear, front and top with a plastic mallet. They all remained fully cocked.
    Been shopping for the dynamic and only one seller has been located on GB. He has approx 20 total and with taxe+fees they are going for $293.00

Cool Dynamic Performance trigger

bought my three from Walther for $179 each with free shipping and no tax. Go to Walther firearms web sight. Click on the competition page. Scroll down to Walther store and hit the performance page. Choose any of the three models as they all show the Dynamic trigger. Keep checking till they come in stock. Good luck. They seem to come in fairly often.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    Up to 1650 rounds through my 5” Full frame PDP. Gun has been 100% reliable and I have yet to had any issues with the optics plate loosening or zero changes with the Holosun 507c with the ACSS reticle. Trigger has definitely changed. The pretravel has increased in weight especially over the last 500 rounds. The trigger now has much more of a defined harder wall. Break itself from the wall feels about the same though. Still impossible to find 18 rounders anywhere. While I like the gun but it still has more shortcomings than positives compared to a Glock Gen 5 17 especially if you install a Timney trigger (only for range/game use).
    What short comings are you finding with the PDP?

Maybe I miss spoke when I said shortcomings. What I meant more than anything is the PDP does not offer and real improvement over other existing platforms to make the juice worth the squeeze. The magazine issue as far as availability on the 18 rounders is real. Everyone likes a different type of trigger but on two of the ones I have they are definitely different than what I started with. The pre travel starts to develop a bump or hard spot before the wall which wasn’t there when my 5” was new (the 4.5” was bought used but was there like the 5” when I got it.). I have not had any issues with the optic plates on both the factory RMR/Holosun or the CHPWS 509t plate which is good. The RMR with a 507c on it now has over 2000 round and nothing has shifted or moved. Not a bad gun by any means but kind of a pain to get set up and it doesn’t do anything better than a Gen 5 glock.

The PDP uses a more reliable magazine and doesn’t have that goofy Glock grip angle. PDP has the better grip texture.

The PDP may not do anything better than a Glock, but I’d bet a Glock doesn’t do anything better than a PDP.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The PDP uses a more reliable magazine and doesn’t have that goofy Glock grip angle. PDP has the better grip texture.

The PDP may not do anything better than a Glock, but I’d bet a Glock doesn’t do anything better than a PDP.
    You trying to piss off 90% of the forum? Lol

Question for those of you that are having trigger characteristics change as use increases. The PDP and PPQ Walthers have a very simple trigger and sear system that lends itself to a clean trigger break. Have you tried removing the trigger, trigger bar and sear block to do a deep cleaning and re-lube? Just a thought.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Just wish a gadget / SCD was available … although they are not to accessible for Glocks right now either - as I understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Just wish a gadget / SCD was available … although they are not to accessible for Glocks right now either - as I understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Gadget as currently designed would not work on a PDP or PPQ. The gadget is designed to mover rearward with the striker as the trigger finishes cocking it. The striker of the PDP and PPQ are already at full cock before the trigger is pressed.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

This isn’t a comment on the quality/benefit of Glocks, but unfortunately (to my chagrin) the PDP in 18rd format does not use a more reliable magazine. Mine had to be replaced as the first batch of mags did not run reliably, plus additional mags beyond the 2 it shipped with are in extremely scarce supply and when found are nearly 2x the cost of Glock mags.

My trigger has begun exhibiting the pre-travel hump others discussed. Haven’t bothered to pull anything apart to try to get to the bottom of it.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List