Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Hm, it seems that Walther has now quietly discontinued the P99 AS either concurrent with or shortly after the release of the PDP. One less duty/carry grade DA/SA option out there now.
    I noticed that. Makes me sad.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Anyone shot a five inch PDP?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone shot a five inch PDP?
    A most excellent question

The 2 compacts that I have were purchased at 2 LGS in south Florida for $649 each. Many of the other LGS were asking 100 up to 150 more.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I have a friend who wants a compact. I did a quick search but can’t find them available. He tried to order from Cabelas. They acted like they had one but at the end of the order process said “oops we are out”

Anyone know of a compact PDP available at MSRP at a reputable dealer?
    Same thing happened to me!!!

I was sooo pissed! I even applied for the Cabella's Cap1 MC to get the instant $20 dollars in club points, and an additional $10 off for signing up for their emails,... This would put the Pistol's total @ roughly $100 off the MSRP! Went thru the WHOLE application, signing up, making profiles & accounts, getting all the discount codes applied during checkout, etc,.. Then as I clicked Submit,....?? "Insufficient Inventory to ship qty #1!!!!!!"

About 3 weeks ago, The range master offered to let me shoot his 4" PDP compact with a 1MOA RDS & 5 round extended mag! (20 rounds total.). This was my first time even looking thru a red dot sight let alone shooting with one! (All The dot 'Jitter' was a little disorienting at first. But I got used to it. I understand now that with a slightly larger MOA dot is supposedly less 'Jumpy?")

Anyway, I LOVED shooting the PDP!!! To this Complete Novice,.. Recoil was manageable,.. The trigger felt just AWESOME compared to my G19 or Hellcat! Super crisp break, short reset and rests Right AT the wall to break for followup shots!! (...at least that was my admittedly limited experience impression!).

Now I know how you guys end up owning a bunch of guns! Ha Ha!! Needless to say, I REALLY want one of these Walthers!! lol

So, this was my 20 round/@5m group on my fourth mag. (I know most all of you guys can shoot WAAAY better at much further distances,.. But I'm pretty happy with this for a start!)

Name:  Walther PDP Red Dot_IMG_5313.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  27.5 KB
    R head target: PDP-20 Rounds @5m
    Name:  Walther PDP 20 round:@5m_IMG_5322.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  32.8 KB

For comparison, This was what I consider my best 5m group that day with the iron sight Glock.
    Name:  G19 15 round:@5m Group_IMG_5421.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  37.2 KB
    Last edited by Chomps; 04-25-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Did you use a hammer punch and vise or did you use a sight pusher tool?

I just got some sights for mine.

I have a Glock sight pusher but for everything else I normally use vise and punch but this dovertail is tight... so I am thinking it's time to finally buy a universal pusher.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Did you use a hammer punch and vise or did you use a sight pusher tool?

I just got some sights for mine.

I have a Glock sight pusher but for everything else I normally use vise and punch but this dovertail is tight... so I am thinking it's time to finally buy a universal pusher.
    I don’t see that there is a PDP shoe for the MGW Pro tool yet. I had to file a bunch off the rear Glock sight and then beat it on with a hammer and punch. Definitely a gross motor skill installation!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don’t see that there is a PDP shoe for the MGW Pro tool yet. I had to file a bunch off the rear Glock sight and then beat it on with a hammer and punch. Definitely a gross motor skill installation!

Noted.

I handled, but didn't shoot the PDP my brother bought. Impressions: Grip texture is very aggressive. Felt good in the hand. Mags seemed to drop free easy. Glock sights I guess; it had the same adjustable rear sight as a Glock 34, and what looked like a standard Glock front as well. Trigger was light and very crisp/clean... maybe too light IMHO. Slide is, chonkey, and the serrations are aggressive. He's going to stick a RM06 on it as soon as he gets a plate for it from Walther.

Anyone have the skinny on the factory adapter plates? Are they GTG/tight tolerance like a Forward Controls MOS plate? ... sorry if that has been answered up thread... I'm still reading!

If it’s a matter of the shoe, wouldn’t a P99/PPQ shoe (#131) work? Given that PPQ slides are seemingly more or less interchangeable on PDP frames, I would think the P99/PPQ shoes should work. (Photo lifted from Walther forum).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List