Page 21 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

I got to shoot my full size PDP for the first time out of a holster today. It is flat out a great shooter. The trigger has an awesome feel that is very conducive to low prob shots, like shooting Garcia dots. This is just messing around shooting doubles on steel, to get a feel for the pistol. I liked it enough that I ordered a Compact, another full size and Taylor Freelance 140 extensions.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife took a dremel to the PDP mag well and improved it.

Name:  32CCA23C-FFD3-4A51-A8E6-7E27FEE58B91.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife took a dremel to the PDP mag well and improved it.

Name:  32CCA23C-FFD3-4A51-A8E6-7E27FEE58B91.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  21.0 KB

I guess George & Charlie are all-in then!

What would you think about carrying the PDP versus say, your previous PPQs, or a Gen 5 Glock 19/17?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I guess George & Charlie are all-in then!

What would you think about carrying the PDP versus say, your previous PPQs, or a Gen 5 Glock 19/17?
    My preference is to always carry something that is a scaled version of what I am competing with. In terms of carrying a PDP, it is far to early to know. Shooting a PDP some in competition is a great way for me to gather data and learn more about the strengths and weaknesses of this pistol. Ergonomically, it way better for me than a PPQ, because the PPQ beat the base of my strong thumb so badly, it raised a large welt that took months of shooting something else to go away. I also found the PPQ grip too short for my liking. The PDP’s length and beavertail design solves both those issues for me. Sights and mounting an optic with BUIS a were also issues for me with the PPQ, and the PDP fixes those issues as well. Otherwise, I loved shooting the PPQ in terms of accuracy and trigger feel. The magwell is also better than the PPQ, although this is mostly a gaming consideration.

How sharp is the rear?
    Pretty sharp but you can break the corners with an appropriate stone.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I thought (for a briefest of seconds) that was a Striker Control Device...

I had a complete hoot shooting my PDP this morning, and ended up spending the whole session shooting it. Initially, I couldn’t draw the thing for crap, and realized all those serrations on the slide were hanging up on the Comp Tac holster. Nothing some Lucas oil couldn’t fix.

The PDP seemed to shoot 150 Syntech, 115 PMC and my 147 lead reloads to about the same POI. The heavier bullets felt less snappy than the 115, but I didn’t put the various loads on a timer to get data. I put an X300 on, and it definitely calmed the dot, but I don’t have a holster set up yet to run it with the light.

I am not a fast splitter, but saw some .13 and .15 splits with the stock PDP trigger. The trigger is conducive to shooting fast with minimal side to side dispersion. I am still figuring it out, but it inspires me to push. He is some messing around with it.

Interesting comparison here between the VP9 and the PDP compact. Weirdly, the PDP compact is a bit BIGGER than the full size VP9, holds two rounds less, and has a slightly shorter barrel.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-pdp-compact-4

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I had a complete hoot shooting my PDP this morning, and ended up spending the whole session shooting it. Initially, I couldn’t draw the thing for crap, and realized all those serrations on the slide were hanging up on the Comp Tac holster. Nothing some Lucas oil couldn’t fix.

The PDP seemed to shoot 150 Syntech, 115 PMC and my 147 lead reloads to about the same POI. The heavier bullets felt less snappy than the 115, but I didn’t put the various loads on a timer to get data. I put an X300 on, and it definitely calmed the dot, but I don’t have a holster set up yet to run it with the light.

I am not a fast splitter, but saw some .13 and .15 splits with the stock PDP trigger. The trigger is conducive to shooting fast with minimal side to side dispersion. I am still figuring it out, but it inspires me to push. He is some messing around with it.
    I know it's early but very curious to hear your thoughts on the full-sized PDP compared to a 5" M&P 2.0 CORE/PC. I keep going back and forth between these two for a gamer gun option. Haven't found a PDP local yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Interesting comparison here between the VP9 and the PDP compact. Weirdly, the PDP compact is a bit BIGGER than the full size VP9, holds two rounds less, and has a slightly shorter barrel.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-pdp-compact-4
    Thank goodness HK brought out the 17 round mags or the fanboys would be really worried!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I know it's early but very curious to hear your thoughts on the full-sized PDP compared to a 5" M&P 2.0 CORE/PC. I keep going back and forth between these two for a gamer gun option. Haven't found a PDP local yet.
    Good question, and I aim to find out. I stopped into Apex this morning and Randy and Scott handed me two of my five inch CORE pistols and one 4.25 they fitted gunsmith barrels to.

User Tag List