Page 16 of 86 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Quick mostly-related question. Do we know if PPQs will fit in PDP holsters? I ask because if so, it seems those of us with PPQs will have a lot more holster options.
    Most will fit in mine, but I did some legwork to make the bounding shape work.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Most will fit in mine, but I did some legwork to make the bounding shape work.
    Are the new Walther holsters on the website yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are the new Walther holsters on the website yet?
    https://darkstargear.com/product/walther/
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Spoiler alert/plot twist....

GJM is TFB.
    There's only one flaw in that theory. ("Only one?") GJM has posted plenty of videos and I don't ever recall seeing him in Richard Simmons shorts or assless chaps.

Back on topic, I have a compact backordered and I'm looking forward to playing around with it.

My full size arrived at the LGS today.

First impressions — picking the full size up, it felt almost as if some took a PPQ and made a cardboard shell to contain it. Where the PPQ is pretty sleek, this is APX kind of boxy. I liked the slide serrations. The optics cut looks low. If you can use standard height sights as BUIS, that will be awesome. Trigger was excellent as an out of the box trigger. The texture was nice for carry, but I would use chalk or want more grip for competition. The pistol feels lightweight, because it is. If someone told me this is the world’s best air-soft pistol, I would believe them. The magazines are typical MecGar nice. The magwell is more M&P like than Gen 5 Glock.

Took it immediately to the range. Only shot PMC 115 and it fed everything and threw the brass out. The sights appeared on or pretty close, but need replacement as they are three dot and tight. Recoil impulse felt good. I really need a red dot mounted and my CompTac holster to arrive to know more, although my sense is it will not be replacing my five inch CORE pistols for gaming.

Assuming these are reliable and durable, I think they are a useful addition to optics ready carry guns. My gut says they will be easier to shoot than a Glock for most shooters because of the trigger and grip angle. Walther gets credit for putting together an attractive product.

Name:  F7B1EF3B-70FC-4C7A-992A-EE1C360E50CC.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  58.3 KB

Site Supporter

First impressions — picking the full size up, it felt almost as if some took a PPQ and made a cardboard shell to contain it. Where the PPQ is pretty sleek, this is APX kind of boxy. I liked the slide serrations. The optics cut looks low. If you can use standard height sights as BUIS, that will be awesome. Trigger was excellent as an out of the box trigger. The texture was nice for carry, but I would use chalk or want more grip for competition. The pistol feels lightweight, because it is. If someone told me this is the world’s best air-soft pistol, I would believe them. The magazines are typical MecGar nice. The magwell is more M&P like than Gen 5 Glock.

Took it immediately to the range. Only shot PMC 115 and it fed everything and threw the brass out. The sights appeared on or pretty close, but need replacement as they are three dot and tight. Recoil impulse felt good. I really need a red dot mounted and my CompTac holster to arrive to know more, although my sense is it will not be replacing my five inch CORE pistols for gaming.

Assuming these are reliable and durable, I think they are a useful addition to optics ready carry guns. My gut says they will be easier to shoot than a Glock for most shooters because of the trigger and grip angle. Walther gets credit for putting together an attractive product.

Does this create the same issue with the base of your thumb knuckle that you mentioned with the PPQ?

Did you observe any issues with the striker falling from vigorous reloads like you saw with the PPQ?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Does this create the same issue with the base of your thumb knuckle that you mentioned with the PPQ?
    I don’t think so but would need to shoot thousands of rounds to know for sure. The beaver tail area is quite different in the PDP, more like a Q4 SF.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Did you observe any issues with the striker falling from vigorous reloads like you saw with the PPQ?
    I didn’t test for that as I didn’t have a holster and rig. In fairness, I think that was an earlier POQ issue that Walther fixed over time.

Lightbulb Sights for the PDP (an Glock) if you're using Optics

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    I am going to buy the compact as soon as its available in my area. I know that the sight cuts are for Glock sights, my question is which Glock sights, Gen 3 & 4 or gen 5? on glocks there is a difference in poi between the sights
    Choose Night Fision for your sights. They are moelonited so they won't rust. They have a very visible ring around their tritium which seems to be a little bit brighter than normal and... if you're mounting an RMR the sights will just clear the RMR housing so they will not clutter your view of the dot. The best thing? They are like $100.

NIGHT FISION OPTICS READY STEALTH SERIES FOR GLOCK

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...ries-for-glock

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Choose Night Fision for your sights. They are moelonited so they won't rust. They have a very visible ring around their tritium which seems to be a little bit brighter than normal and... if you're mounting an RMR the sights will just clear the RMR housing so they will not clutter your view of the dot. The best thing? They are like $100.

NIGHT FISION OPTICS READY STEALTH SERIES FOR GLOCK

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...ries-for-glock
    How sharp is the rear?

User Tag List