Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just got my full size in. I now own all 3 models. Also received the shipping notification from Walther on 1 of my optics plates, only took 1 business day.
    That is certainly one way of getting some extra 18 round magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Big question is where are you guys finding them at?

Quick note I just thought of RE magazines and collecting a reasonable number for the full size being a potential issue - my recollection is that because Caniks are copies of the P99/PPQ, the PPQ M2 and the Canik pistols share magazines, though the Canik mags are full sized (compared to the "compact" PPQ) and stick out of the grip. It's possible that they would fit and feed in a full size PDP. But it's also possible that they're just a bit too long or too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease:
    It was all a psychological operation aimed to drive clicks to TFB site, as every reader at Pistol-Forum rushed to prove how wrong member GJM was.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    It was all a psychological operation aimed to drive clicks to TFB site, as every reader at Pistol-Forum rushed to prove how wrong member GJM was.
    Spoiler alert/plot twist....

GJM is TFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Quick note I just thought of RE magazines and collecting a reasonable number for the full size being a potential issue - my recollection is that because Caniks are copies of the P99/PPQ, the PPQ M2 and the Canik pistols share magazines, though the Canik mags are full sized (compared to the "compact" PPQ) and stick out of the grip. It's possible that they would fit and feed in a full size PDP. But it's also possible that they're just a bit too long or too short.
    Yep, I'm planning to test this out soon. The Canik is .02" shorter, but I'm thinking it might work.

I know the Canik mags will feed in a PPQ if they fit (they are both using MecGars), so this could be a really big plus for the PDP if the mags fit. I'll post what I find out soon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just got my full size in. I now own all 3 models. Also received the shipping notification from Walther on 1 of my optics plates, only took 1 business day.
    Targets or it's all vaporware!

If it hasn't been mentioned the slide is thick.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    So I just messed with the compact. It is great, except that it still has that pronounced thumb ridge near the trigger guard that diggs into the middle finger of my firing hand. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to shoot one and I still want to handle the full-size.
    I just got mine home earlier today and while dry firing noticed what you mentioned. It does dig into your middle finger a bit. I think walther should have left that part out. Hopefully it's not too annoying when I shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    All of them.
    Quick mostly-related question. Do we know if PPQs will fit in PDP holsters? I ask because if so, it seems those of us with PPQs will have a lot more holster options.

User Tag List