Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Site Supporter
    The trigger on the PDP F is not quite as good as a PDP, but is quite shootable, better than say a Glock. If doing a long range session, my trigger finger feels it, maybe because I am used to better triggers.

I usually replace my Walther triggers with their dynamic performance trigger, but it doesn't fit the PDP F. If Walther brings out a dynamic performance trigger for the F, I will get one right away.

None of this should dissuade anyone from daily carry.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Has anyone encountered any problems or issues with the PDP?

I got to fire the PDP the 5" barreled model with iron sights a few nights ago and was blown away by how accurately I could shoot it and am seriously considering buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Has anyone encountered any problems or issues with the PDP?

I got to fire the PDP the 5" barreled model with iron sights a few nights ago and was blown away by how accurately I could shoot it and am seriously considering buying it.
    I have had experience with a pretty good sample of PDP and PPQ Walther pistols. All of them have been accurate and reliable. The 5 inch PDP seems to be much softer shooting than some of the shorter PDP pistols, that people comment on their snappiness. 2.0 optics mounting system is much improved. The magazines are excellent.

I don't like the interface between the beaver tail and the base of my strong thumb, and file the crap out of the wide flat surface on the beaver tail. The stock trigger is good and the Walther dynamic performance trigger is fantastic. YVK thinks the trigger reach on the dynamic trigger is long. Most people think the PDP five inch is over sprung, and go to a 15 pound recoil spring. They seem durable. Getting the pin out, the first time, that holds the slide stop and allows the trigger group to come out can be an adventure.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was a bit surprised to see a 4" PDP Steel Compact.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have had experience with a pretty good sample of PDP and PPQ Walther pistols. All of them have been accurate and reliable. The 5 inch PDP seems to be much softer shooting than some of the shorter PDP pistols, that people comment on their snappiness. 2.0 optics mounting system is much improved. The magazines are excellent.

I don't like the interface between the beaver tail and the base of my strong thumb, and file the crap out of the wide flat surface on the beaver tail. The stock trigger is good and the Walther dynamic performance trigger is fantastic. YVK thinks the trigger reach on the dynamic trigger is long. Most people think the PDP five inch is over sprung, and go to a 15 pound recoil spring. They seem durable. Getting the pin out, the first time, that holds the slide stop and allows the trigger group to come out can be an adventure.
    Thanks, @GJM. I am going to rent the gun again and pay special attention to whether the beavertail does anything to my strong-side thumb.

Well, here's my official review for the Walther PDP Steel Match Frame

Frankly, I wrote this right after Christmas, so it's kinda old news (round count wise and such).

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-frame-pistol/

That said at this point in time I have north of 1.8K through this particular PDP alone (and another 1.3 to 1.4K through a standard plastic full size 5" PDP).

These guns have great triggers and ergonomic grips and shoot well.

The trigger in my PDP SF still breaks around 4lbs 5oz but with its flat face it feels like it's lighter and can be shot rather quickly. I managed splits as low as .11, .13 and .14 with it. Its weight is both good and bad.

Maybe its the ammo I shoot compared to some of y'all but im surprised some of y'all thought it to be oversprung...the dot doesn't dip like say, on the Canik METE SF or Tisas PX9 Carry I just reviewed.

I mostly shoot Blazer or my handloads which are basic 115 grain Berrys over 4.5grs HP38. Nothing fancy at all.

User Tag List