Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Will do shot another 150 today with no issues. I was about to go all in as far as primary, secondary, optics/plates for both etc, but on the fence now with several negatives outweighing the positives. Heck just trying to mpunt a light has been a ordeal, lol. Still hard to beat a Gen 5 Glock 17 for almost any full size roll.

Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    Will do shot another 150 today with no issues. I was about to go all in as far as primary, secondary, optics/plates for both etc, but on the fence now with several negatives outweighing the positives. Heck just trying to mpunt a light has been a ordeal, lol. Still hard to beat a Gen 5 Glock 17 for almost any full size roll.
    Love the ergos, laser accuracy (except with 124 +P Gold Dot) and stock trigger. Negatives are no spare mags, follower problems, questions on the optic mounting system and the degrading trigger. The oversized front serrations cause unnecessary drag on presentation. Walther is close but despite great promise, they have to fix some stuff for me to spend much more time on the PDP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m late to reading up on them, what’s the issue with the optic situation? Trigger is due similar to what some experienced with Gen 5 glocks?

Where the hell are the spare 18 round mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thankfully able to score some full sized mags. The 18rd magazines now come with blue followers. My assumption is that this is the fix for some of the magazine issues discussed unthread. My 2020-marked gun came with black followers, though those two magazines now have TF extensions on them. I have not personally experienced any reliability issues with them so far.

Also received was a 509T and a CHPWS plate. Each was installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications. I’ll see how it all works out this weekend.

Many months ago, I read that the magazine issues seemed to be limited to the 18-round versions and not the compact magazines...has that turned out to be the case?

As an update to my previous 18rd magazine function problems, I finally received the pistol back from Walther. The techs diagnosed all issues (FTE w/ 18+1, intermittent premature slide lock) as being mag induced. My previous mags had black followers and it was returned with different mags with blue followers. I haven't gotten a chance to test them yet, but hopefully that resolves it.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

compact mags

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Many months ago, I read that the magazine issues seemed to be limited to the 18-round versions and not the compact magazines...has that turned out to be the case?
    No problems with the compact mags that I have experienced, or read about. BTW, WC EDCX9 MAGS 15 rd mags work fine in the PDP
    compact.

Best,

Will

Quote Originally Posted by Will Fennell View Post
    No problems with the compact mags that I have experienced, or read about. BTW, WC EDCX9 MAGS 15 rd mags work fine in the PDP
    compact.
    Given that the compact mags are supposed to be compatible with the PPQ M2, and I don't recall ever reading about problems with PPQ M2 mags, I expect that they are identical apart from (maybe) roll marks on the tubes and markings on the baseplates.

Using the new blue follower mags, I zero’d the 509T today. I fired 150 rounds and took care to load to 18+1 for the entire session. No issues were experienced.

For what it’s worth, the gun is now at 600 rounds with no cleaning or lubrication. I had one instance where the slide cycled but no round was chambered using a Canik mag that had come loose (mag catch was not fully engaged due to slight differences in the cutout). Not an impressive figure by any means, but the gun appears reliable thus far.

User Tag List