Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Up to 1650 rounds through my 5” Full frame PDP. Gun has been 100% reliable and I have yet to had any issues with the optics plate loosening or zero changes with the Holosun 507c with the ACSS reticle. Trigger has definitely changed. The pretravel has increased in weight especially over the last 500 rounds. The trigger now has much more of a defined harder wall. Break itself from the wall feels about the same though. Still impossible to find 18 rounders anywhere. While I like the gun but it still has more shortcomings than positives compared to a Glock Gen 5 17 especially if you install a Timney trigger (only for range/game use).

Just an FYI for Compact PDP owners,....

As of 8/1/21 Grabagun has 15 round mags for the PDP/PPQ M2's in stock.
    https://grabagun.com/walther-2796678...pq-m2-9mm.html

The sub compact 15 rounders is the same mag only with a sleeve ext, it works perfectly without the sleeve. For some reason, it is also a couple bucks cheaper. (Go figure!)
    https://grabagun.com/walther-magazin...5rd-w-ext.html

Still no 18 rounders tho, sorry. They do have the 17 round extended mags! :shrug:

This morning I received a email from Omaha Outdoors saying they had 18 rounders in stock at 6:48am my time, at 7:05 when I read the email and checked the website they were out of stock. Too much work trying to find things for a gun that really isn’t that exciting.

The PDP was a rare departure from not being an early adopter for me - and a good lesson in why that should be rare.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The PDP was a rare departure from not being an early adopter for me - and a good lesson in why that should be rare.
    Hmm. Well, it gives me no pleasure to refer back to my post about that subject, back in February, but, as I said, that attitude has served me pretty well. Again.

With that said, it IS a nice pistol to plink with, and they’ve become pretty easy to find in the gun shops. Hopefully the consumables (mags) supply chain and other possible issues (GJM’s trigger feel thing) will be well worked out over the next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anybody else have significant difficulty installing sights into the “Glock dovetail?” I’m yet again stuck with a 10-8 rear sight pushed about 3/4 of the way in. I’m having to apply significantly more force than I think is healthy for the job to knock the sight out of the dovetail for more fitting. And this time I filed the shit out of the rear, to the point where it went in about 1/2 by hand pressure.

Anybody else have significant difficulty installing sights into the “Glock dovetail?” I’m yet again stuck with a 10-8 rear sight pushed about 3/4 of the way in. I’m having to apply significantly more force than I think is healthy for the job to knock the sight out of the dovetail for more fitting. And this time I filed the shit out of the rear, to the point where it went in about 1/2 by hand pressure.
    My Glock rear sights took significant filing to get into the rear dovetail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It helps slightly to lubricate sights and dovetail before installation.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Okay fine.

I'll admit it.

For the first time ever an ACRO mounted on a pistol has my attention. Getting it this low on the gun makes a difference to me.

I want to see how the PDP does in terms of performance overall. And whether or not the striker can be dropped with a hard reload like the PPQ.
    I whacked the back of the slide of my PDP with a heavy dead blow hammer and could not get the striker to drop.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

to add to Mistwolfs post

My two PDPs and one PPQ have the Walther dynamic performance triggers. My other PPQ has the Overwatch Precision trigger. All four have reduced sear engagement. I set them all up at 4.5 lb. pull wgt. They all have the standard striker spring and the 4.4 lb. Overwatch trigger spring. I tested them all by repeatedly hitting the slide in the rear, front and top with a plastic mallet. They all remained fully cocked.
    Last edited by Bushytale; 08-18-2021 at 07:00 AM. Reason: change and add wording
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

User Tag List