Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Different weight recoil spring

Who’s running a different weight recoil spring in their PDP, and why?

Wondering if the price is worth the reward?

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post

Thanks
    Steve
    I have a W74 tungsten guide rod and 15 pound spring in a five inch, competition oriented pistol, but the stock RSA in my other PDP pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post

Swapped into a 15 pound ZR Tactical with brass guide rod very recently (4" slide) trying to tame the muzzle flip somewhat. I've only put two mags through it with since the swap and my hands were so cold I had a hard time feeling the trigger. Not sure it was worth it. Seems to have lightened the trigger in a way I don't care for either. Waiting for things to thaw out a little and I will give it a better go.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Swapped into a 15 pound ZR Tactical with brass guide rod very recently (4" slide) trying to tame the muzzle flip somewhat. I've only put two mags through it with since the swap and my hands were so cold I had a hard time feeling the trigger. Not sure it was worth it. Seems to have lightened the trigger in a way I don't care for either. Waiting for things to thaw out a little and I will give it a better go.
    That’s weird.

The Recoil spring shouldn’t have any effect on the trigger pull.

My full size / 4.5” PDP was noticeably over sprung. Though my complaint was muzzle dip on the return of the gun rather than muzzle flip. I have found I need to grip the PDP differently (applying grip pressure in different areas) vs the Glock and the P320..

Replaced the 18lb RSA. Initially tried the ZR tactical I captured guide rod with a 13lb then a 15lb spring. Just switched to the ZR tactical captured RSA for convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s weird.

The Recoil spring shouldn’t have any effect on the trigger pull.

My full size / 4.5” PDP was noticeably over sprung. Though my complaint was muzzle dip on the return of the gun rather than muzzle flip. I have found I need to grip the PDP differently (applying grip pressure in different areas) vs the Glock and the P320..

Replaced the 18lb RSA. Initially tried the ZR tactical I captured guide rod with a 13lb then a 15lb spring. Just switched to the ZR tactical captured RSA for convenience.
    Maybe the trigger pull thing is just in my head. The ZRT is uncaptured and thus, I've not been motivated enough to swap them and try the trigger with the different springs back to back. But from the first dry pull after the ZRT install, I was like, "What just happened?"

Uncaptured spring is a PITA. I went that way because I know early Glock springs were uncaptured so I thought, "How bad can it be?" I quickly learned why Glock changed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Maybe the trigger pull thing is just in my head. The ZRT is uncaptured and thus, I've not been motivated enough to swap them and try the trigger with the different springs back to back. But from the first dry pull after the ZRT install, I was like, "What just happened?"

Uncaptured spring is a PITA. I went that way because I know early Glock springs were uncaptured so I thought, "How bad can it be?" I quickly learned why Glock changed.
    The uncaptured spring is a PITA. ZR now sells a tool which makes it a bit easier.

Thanks for the replies, think I’m gonna pick up a zr tactical 15lb spring and guide rod. Pdp full size will be range/idpa toy.

easy assembly on an uncaptured guide rod

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa View Post
    Fair enough. I guess this means I need to drill a hole in the ZRT rod. Still requires a "tool", but at least it doesn't require a vise. Thanks for posting.

Factory mounting plate help

I just got my optics plate from walther. Came with x2 screws, do i use those screws to mount the plate to pistol, then use holosun screws to mount optic to plate? Or should I just get a chpws plate?

User Tag List