Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Update on 18rd mag function issues- I had been told revised spring/follower combo would be available around 5/25, but after repeated calls it’s clear they do not have them yet (sounds like supply chain from Germany issues). Also realized one mag would run fine (other than first round of 18+1), while the other had intermittent premature slide lock. Walther CS asked me to send the gun and mags in and provided paid shipping. We’ll see how this turns out.

Malfunctions aside, in my hands it is the most accurate gun I own and no noticeable trigger issues.
    But for the but, it is an awesome pistol. Hope Walther USA gets this sorted out soon.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Thanks for posting that, @P30. How are German shooters liking the PDP? Has it been well received there?
    Are they also talking about the triggers seeming to degrade under heavy use schedules?
    I have not seen a PDP here yet. Due to corona, the shooting ranges were closed for more than half a year. But the PPQ is quite popular since years in the club where I shoot IPSC. It's also used there in shooting courses for security companies.

The most popular pistols here for sport shooters are:
    1911 and SIG 210 // for precision shooting
    CZ75 Shadow // for IPSC Production Division
    2011 SVI Infinity // for IPSC Standard Division (but in a much smaller number than the CZ75 and 1911)

In the biggest German online weapons forum, the Laugo Arms Alien is the current hotness. Some guys bought one.

Yesterday I was shooting for the first time in more than half a year. It was much fun! So we got a significant piece of freedom back.
    A shooter next to me was shooting with his new SIG P320, another one was shooting a CZ75. I shot my P30 and AR15. The range was quite empty because the German soccer team was playing at the Euro championship.
    Last edited by P30; 06-16-2021 at 09:21 AM.

My local range had a couple of the full size PDP’s come in today and the counter guys offered to let me throw a few mags through the one they have set aside for rental.

I found this fresh-out-of-the-box pistol to be surprisingly flat shooting, with a truly excellent trigger, and really good groups at speed at 10 and 15. Finished up with a hammer to the ocular zone on a Gunsite option target at 7 yards and had both rounds touching right inside the bottom center of the box. I couldn’t have done better with a paper punch. It made me look good to the counter kids (LOL).

It’s everything GJM said it is. It’s really a laser beam.

With that said, I think this “duty” trigger is rather light and short for “duty” without some very good training, but that’s just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    My local range had a couple of the full size PDP’s come in today and the counter guys offered to let me throw a few mags through the one they have set aside for rental.

I found this fresh-out-of-the-box pistol to be surprisingly flat shooting, with a truly excellent trigger, and really good groups at speed at 10 and 15. Finished up with a hammer to the ocular zone on a Gunsite option target at 7 yards and had both rounds touching right inside the bottom center of the box. I couldn’t have done better with a paper punch. It made me look good to the counter kids (LOL).

It’s everything GJM said it is. It’s really a laser beam.

With that said, I think this “duty” trigger is rather light and short for “duty” without some very good training, but that’s just an opinion.
    Agree with all this, which is why I’m (so far) putting up with the aggravation of it not running 100%. Not sure I’d be keen on the trigger weight as general issue to the masses, but it makes me look good as a competition piece.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Seems like it should not be too difficult for them to offer a spring that increases trigger weight for duty/EDC. I am hoping for a steel frame version of this.

Follower design should be easy. Magazines will come in time. The trigger degrading should also be doable since I never noticed that in a PPQ. The optic mounting is above my pay grade. For Comp use, needs to accommodate a R3 Max.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Seems like it should not be too difficult for them to offer a spring that increases trigger weight for duty/EDC. I am hoping for a steel frame version of this.

Follower design should be easy. Magazines will come in time. The trigger degrading should also be doable since I never noticed that in a PPQ. The optic mounting is above my pay grade. For Comp use, needs to accommodate a R3 Max.
    Probably merits a separate thread but, for the sake of brevity, I’d appreciate your take on CORE vs PDP. Ceteris paribus.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Attachment 67650

I don’t think it looks any cheaper than the modern crop of duty ready striker guns.
    Idk man, to each there own and that’s cool, but I think the pistol looks like a bad-A. But then again, it took me a year to figure out what I liked and disliked about pistols because not knowing a thing about them, how can you go out and buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Probably merits a separate thread but, for the sake of brevity, I’d appreciate your take on CORE vs PDP. Ceteris paribus.
    In terms of overall shoot ability, and out of the box, the PDP has much potential. However, the PDP is quite new, where the 2.0 M&P is very mature and fully supported by Apex and others.

I know the PPQ-M2 15 rounders work in the 4-4.5 & 5" compacts., but they're rare as hens teeth right now. Does anyone know if this magazine will work in the compacts? It Looks like it should,.. You'd just need to remove the sleeved grip extension on the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Had anyone experienced a similar trigger issue with PPQs?
    Yes. As explained in an earlier post in this thread, it was caused by a worn recoil spring. Replacing the worn recoil spring in my PPQ with a stiffer spring fixed the issue.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List