Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Looks like they took that Instagram post down?

I think it would look better if they just used the frame from the fullsize and didn't extend the rail all the way to the muzzle.
    Still there, my link just doesn't work.

Update to mag reliability- the modified Canik mags have been unremarkable so far but too little round count to conclusively say if my “fix” worked.

Unfortunately I’ve identified an issue that presents with the Walther mags- if loaded 18+1, the first round fired will reliably fail to eject causing a horizontal stovepipe (spent case in line with bore jammed between barrel hood and top of breechface). Also noticed that fully loaded mag under closed slide/empty chamber results in very high effort required to chamber a round. I suspect there’s too much tension/not enough free play in the mag stack, causing excess friction on the underside of the slide, slowing down slide velocity enough to cause weak/failed ejection.

EDIT- will call Walther Monday or Tuesday to try to resolve the issue.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I suspect there’s too much tension/not enough free play in the mag stack, causing excess friction on the underside of the slide, slowing down slide velocity enough to cause weak/failed ejection.
    My experience with P99/PPQ M1 mags leads me to think your theory is at least plausible. The anti-tilt legs on the followers are long enough that they contact the baseplate when the mags are fully loaded, and make the 15th round a VERY tight fit, which makes seating a full mag under a closed slide a less than sure thing unless you really smack it home. Running P99c followers not only solves this, but allows for loading a 16th round. If you're able to prove out your theory, you might be able to resolve it by sanding a millimeter or two off of the anti-tilt legs on the mag followers, especially since you're obviously not averse to making modifications.

I’ll check to see if the Canik mags have the same issue and if so, modify them. For the moment I’d like to be able to (if necessary) present Walther an unmodified package to conduct failure analysis.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Update to mag reliability- the modified Canik mags have been unremarkable so far but too little round count to conclusively say if my “fix” worked.

Unfortunately I’ve identified an issue that presents with the Walther mags- if loaded 18+1, the first round fired will reliably fail to eject causing a horizontal stovepipe (spent case in line with bore jammed between barrel hood and top of breechface). Also noticed that fully loaded mag under closed slide/empty chamber results in very high effort required to chamber a round. I suspect there’s too much tension/not enough free play in the mag stack, causing excess friction on the underside of the slide, slowing down slide velocity enough to cause weak/failed ejection.

EDIT- will call Walther Monday or Tuesday to try to resolve the issue.
    I have been downloading my 18 round magazines because they feel tight, unlike the 15 round mags in the Compact and PPQ, which feel fine loaded to capacity. Walther probably should have called the full size mags “17” not 18 rounds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been downloading my 18 round magazines because they feel tight, unlike the 15 round mags in the Compact and PPQ, which feel fine loaded to capacity. Walther probably should have called the full size mags “17” not 18 rounds.
    Yep, totally agree.

My FS guns were having problems when loaded with 18 rounds, but running them at 17 rounds I've had no issues at all. Haven't had any issues with my Canik mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Looks like the PDP has the same issue as the PPQ where if the slide is pushed out of battery and you pull the trigger, you end up with a dead trigger even when the slide goes back into battery, so you have to rack the slide to be able to fire again.

Source: https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...31/#post-48743

Walther has reached out to me directly via Scott Jedlinski and I'm supposed to get the first sim kit that comes off line to actually test this issue as comprehensively as I can.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Walther has reached out to me directly via Scott Jedlinski and I'm supposed to get the first sim kit that comes off line to actually test this issue as comprehensively as I can.
    I can't imagine Glock, SIG, or S&W even considering doing this. Kudos to Walther!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Something tells me that Walther management is very focused on making this pistol line a success.
    I am looking forward to hearing what you find, @SouthNarc.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I’m sure this has been discussed, but I didn’t read the entire 30 something by pages of this. Are the 4in PDP guns compatible with Safariland ALS/SLS holsters for the PPQ? Unless there’s duty holsters available this gun won’t go anywhere. That’s the problem with Beretta’s excellent APX line up. Exactly one duty grade holster available-6360, only for the full size.

User Tag List