Page 17 of 86 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My full size arrived at the LGS today.

First impressions — picking the full size up, it felt almost as if some took a PPQ and made a cardboard shell to contain it. Where the PPQ is pretty sleek, this is APX kind of boxy. I liked the slide serrations. The optics cut looks low. If you can use standard height sights as BUIS, that will be awesome. Trigger was excellent as an out of the box trigger. The texture was nice for carry, but I would use chalk or want more grip for competition. The pistol feels lightweight, because it is. If someone told me this is the world’s best air-soft pistol, I would believe them. The magazines are typical MecGar nice. The magwell is more M&P like than Gen 5 Glock.

Took it immediately to the range. Only shot PMC 115 and it fed everything and threw the brass out. The sights appeared on or pretty close, but need replacement as they are three dot and tight. Recoil impulse felt good. I really need a red dot mounted and my CompTac holster to arrive to know more, although my sense is it will not be replacing my five inch CORE pistols for gaming.

Assuming these are reliable and durable, I think they are a useful addition to optics ready carry guns. My gut says they will be easier to shoot than a Glock for most shooters because of the trigger and grip angle. Walther gets credit for putting together an attractive product.

Attachment 68084
    Unfortunately, my 507c doesn't co-witness with the BUIS. I had to order Ameriglo suppressor heights (GL611s are on for me with 115gr Speer).

I spoke with Walther today and they will have optic plates available for purchase "within 2 weeks."

My SRO/RMR/Holosun plate arrived from Walther today — that was quick. What screws do I use to secure the plate to the slide?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My SRO/RMR/Holosun plate arrived from Walther today — that was quick. What screws do I use to secure the plate to the slide?
    Think I answered my own question, I used the OEM screws that held the optics filler plate on the slide, just like the VP9. What screws are recommended for the SRO/RMR to the plate?

The PDP optics cut really mounts the optic down low.

Name:  B0EC0F35-96D9-4FAC-A457-95301D3E7B9B.jpg
Views: 3010
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  740C9523-1169-4DBC-9D9A-BA319DB5084E.jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  42.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Quick note I just thought of RE magazines and collecting a reasonable number for the full size being a potential issue - my recollection is that because Caniks are copies of the P99/PPQ, the PPQ M2 and the Canik pistols share magazines, though the Canik mags are full sized (compared to the "compact" PPQ) and stick out of the grip. It's possible that they would fit and feed in a full size PDP. But it's also possible that they're just a bit too long or too short.
    Canik magazines DO fit. They are identical and made by Mec-Gar.

How do I know?

The local store has both and we interchanged them and used snap caps. They work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Canik magazines DO fit. They are identical and made by Mec-Gar.

How do I know?

The local store has both and we interchanged them and used snap caps. They work.
    I tried a Canik 20, a MecGar 18 with their factory plus two extension, and it snapped into place perfectly in my PDP.

Hit the range with it this morning. Went to zero the SRO, fired a shot at 15 yards, fired a second and couldn’t see it. Went to the target, and both were in the same hole. I did not have time to do formal 25 yard testing, but in zeroing and some casual shooting, this thing is a tack driver.

I didn’t have a holster, so I did some table starts shooting steel and a partial paper to get a feel, and this gun is very easy to shoot. Walther appears to have a real winner here.

I tried a Canik 20, a MecGar 18 with their factory plus two extension, and it snapped into place perfectly in my PDP.

Hit the range with it this morning. Went to zero the SRO, fired a shot at 15 yards, fired a second and couldn’t see it. Went to the target, and both were in the same hole. I did not have time to do formal 25 yard testing, but in zeroing and some casual shooting, this thing is a tack driver.

I didn’t have a holster, so I did some table starts shooting steel and a partial paper to get a feel, and this gun is very easy to shoot. Walther appears to have a real winner here.

Nice! Is this the 20 round mag you are referring to? I have a buddy with a TP9SFX who I believe I can purchase some of these mags from.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Nice! Is this the 20 round mag you are referring to? I have a buddy with a TP9SFX who I believe I can purchase some of these mags from.
    Yes

CHPWS has PDP plates on the website.

This makes me very happy to see. I hope to get a chance to shoot a 4" bbl compact frame model at the end of the week.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List