Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is it flip up, or the sensation of force back?
    Flip.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I am hearing if the pdp is out of battery, and the trigger is pulled, it releases the trailer and slide needs to be racked again. Aka ground fight scenario. I may be late to the party.

Is this a thing still? Any other things to know?
    Yeah, that's intrinsic to the design and not going to go away. There's plenty of discussion of that earlier in this thread or in the P&S Forum.
    - The Tacticallopath

someone on PnS said the version2 has this flaw corrected

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    someone on PnS said the version2 has this flaw corrected
    I'm very interested to see how they did that without having to do a total redesign on the trigger mechanism.
    - The Tacticallopath

Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has the 4 inch in stock, obviously one day after I purchase a 3.5 cause they were out of stock.

Finally was able to get myself a 5" PDP since I didn't like the PPQ 4" muzzle flip. Although it still has a little flip to it, it seems to track and get back on target much faster than my M&Ps/Glocks. Placebo maybe?

Also, these are at 15 yards with 115 WWB because this uses a combat hold. I hate not being able to see what im shooting at since i have to completely cover up the target. Dawson to the rescue.

Last edited by coN; 11-17-2022 at 03:28 PM. Reason: I apparently cannot grammar

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I put normal sights on it, meaning RM07, and did some shooting today. The gun wants to go fast. At 7 yards / A zone it was faster than both G26 and G19, and pretty much as fast as my Shadow 2 albeit with a wider spread.
    At 50 feet I could understand its behavior better. G19 cycles slower and flips a bit less, overall presenting a more sedate sight pic.
    PDP-F goes faster and probably higher, comes back fast and is capable of higher performance. However this pattern of cycling often times induces shooter to push back harder and push the gun down. You need to understand this pattern of cycling and get used to it. I got better times with PDP but I also missed more.
    I couldn't say if PDP is slightly oversprung or ir was me, considering a dual spring on a 3.5 gun. I think it was me, the gun is too small for my hands.
    Now curious how 4 inch PDP cycles.

Personally I dig fast guns and prefer them over soft guns but I don't know if this cycling pattern is great for beginners or less skilled shooters.
    Did you have a chance to shoot the 4" yet?

Recently picked up a 3.5" but havent been able to get to the range yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Did you have a chance to shoot the 4" yet?

Recently picked up a 3.5" but havent been able to get to the range yet.
    No, I haven't. This Walther thing is on a back burner for me.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is it flip up, or the sensation of force back?
    Late reply but I just purchased a 4" compact. There is more a sensation of back as compared to flip up. It's similar to the sensation of firing 124+p gold dot in a G19 or hotter ammo in the old P7 M8/13. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Sight tracking is not a problem as the sight blade moves vertically. I have not shot a PDP with an RDS.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Hey guys,

I know that this is going to be really subjective but i'm shopping for a new pistol for my wife. She's currently shooting an X5 Legion and absolutely loves it. In light of some of the law suits that are going on, i've decided that I am going to have a knee jerk reaction and sell this in order to replace it with something else.

The PDP is on the list. I only have experience with the 4 inch slide and compact frame. I thought this configuration with standard 115 grain ball was a really snappy combination.

I am curious as to which gun would have the softest recoil impulse of the bunch? I am going to stick to the full size frames but i'm wondering between the 4, 4.5 and 5 inch guns which one will recoil and hit the hand the softest? As is the case with Glocks, it's naturally the G19, G17 and then G34 from harshest to softest. I am wondering if the PDP follows that same trend? I mean, most pistols follow this trend but I wanted to get some opinions from people I trust here before I purchase something.

Thanks guys!

User Tag List