Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Trying to find an Acro P2?
    touché

Site Supporter
    The slides are milled for Trijicon, Deltapoint Pro, 509T and Acro. Many manufacturers cross their models with these standards.

Looks like the mills have locating posts too.

I can see no downside for anyone wanting a red dot on their Walther. This should be a permanent Walther offering.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    The slides are milled for Trijicon, Deltapoint Pro, 509T and Acro. Many manufacturers cross their models with these standards.

Looks like the mills have locating posts too.

I can see no downside for anyone wanting a red dot on their Walther. This should be a permanent Walther offering.
    I'd like to know if the direct mount sits lower than the equivalent adapter plate version. This is probably what everyone assumes, but it'd be nice to have confirmation. I'm also not confident in the longevity of Deltapoint Pro and 509T footprints, so those could be downsides.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I'd like to know if the direct mount sits lower than the equivalent adapter plate version. This is probably what everyone assumes, but it'd be nice to have confirmation. I'm also not confident in the longevity of Deltapoint Pro and 509T footprints, so those could be downsides.
    I have not measured any of the offered slides.

The many Walthers I have personally milled have the sights slightly lower. YMMV

A call to Walther may give you that information.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I put normal sights on it, meaning RM07, and did some shooting today. The gun wants to go fast. At 7 yards / A zone it was faster than both G26 and G19, and pretty much as fast as my Shadow 2 albeit with a wider spread.
    At 50 feet I could understand its behavior better. G19 cycles slower and flips a bit less, overall presenting a more sedate sight pic.
    PDP-F goes faster and probably higher, comes back fast and is capable of higher performance. However this pattern of cycling often times induces shooter to push back harder and push the gun down. You need to understand this pattern of cycling and get used to it. I got better times with PDP but I also missed more.
    I couldn't say if PDP is slightly oversprung or ir was me, considering a dual spring on a 3.5 gun. I think it was me, the gun is too small for my hands.
    Now curious how 4 inch PDP cycles.

Personally I dig fast guns and prefer them over soft guns but I don't know if this cycling pattern is great for beginners or less skilled shooters.
    Is the F model more snappy than the standard? What made you choose the F? Small hands? Make a big enough difference? I’ve been looking at the g19 and g17 sizes. They look good but I haven’t been following close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is the F model more snappy than the standard? What made you choose the F? Small hands? Make a big enough difference? I’ve been looking at the g19 and g17 sizes. They look good but I haven’t been following close enough.
    I don't have and never tried standard PDP so I can't draw the comparisons. I have larger hands myself. I got F because of my interest in reported tech and features, thinking of my wife as a potential user. In addition a number of ladies from work have expressed some interest in shooting so I thought it was a good gun to have.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I have small to medium hands. The F interests me. I imagine it’s somewhere between a g48 and a 19?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I imagine it’s somewhere between a g48 and a 19?
    That's fair. I put a larger backstrap and didn't really have much problems with the grip. I did think it had a pretty fast slide so the flip is a bit more than on G19.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That's fair. I put a larger backstrap and didn't really have much problems with the grip. I did think it had a pretty fast slide so the flip is a bit more than on G19.
    Is it flip up, or the sensation of force back?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am hearing if the pdp is out of battery, and the trigger is pulled, it releases the trailer and slide needs to be racked again. Aka ground fight scenario. I may be late to the party.

Is this a thing still? Any other things to know?

User Tag List