Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Man that thing is like an ugly painting at the art museum. It follows you around the room and you can't help but gawk at it.

Oof...
    I do think they look better in black, but the main thing that keeps me from being interested is the price. I'm not saying the value isn't there; there are certainly competition oriented CZs that cost as much, but that doesn't change the fact that $1500+ is a lot, and I'm not buying the CZs either. Well, that and the fact that they'll never make one with a paddle mag release...

So things we know:

Modularity is defined as being able to use any slide length on any frame like Glock G5 guns. No chassis. Walther plans to sell frames and slides separately. All sizes use the same recoil spring.

3 models at launch with a 5inch gun planned.

It uses Glock sights.

Deep sight cut that allows for stock sights to cowitness with a RMR and ACRO. A coupon redeemable for the sight plate of the purchaser’s choice is included with each gun.

The texture is the same used on the grips of the steel gun.

RevolverRob thinks it is really, really ugly. Like Hillary Swank ugly.

My two thoughts (and they aren't worth 0.25$) ...

- Yes, it does look like they got the optic as low as Atei does on an M&P for the Acro. That is good;

- My first impression was "another polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol? that's like another right-hand Glock holster." Then I went to the webpage for one of the two named holster companies ... Annddd, they only make a right-hand holster for the gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    So things we know:

Modularity is defined as being able to use any slide length on any frame like Glock G5 guns. No chassis. Walther plans to sell frames and slides separately. All sizes use the same recoil spring.
    Hmm. I guess I assumed modular reflected some kinda "chassis" thing--but component "swappability" seems just as applicable.

I will be very interested in shooting one of these, as Walther seemed to put a lot of thought into the design.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I just really, really want my full sized PPS Classic.

Same here. That is my true grail gun. I would have been perfectly content to run a classic PPS for EDC, a big brother version for when I can wear looser clothes, take training classes with, or shoot competition, and revolvers to play with. I would have never again spent a dime on any other pistol.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    That said, if it's still a fully tensioned striker with no manual safety option and no Gadget-equivalent feature like the PPS has, it's a pass for me personally.
    This is one of the main reasons I continue to stick with Glocks and the PPS for actual serious carry. I highly prioritize mitigating the possibility of shooting myself while reholstering. No matter how cool and marginally more shootable some other new striker fired hotness is, unless it has a Gadget or equivalent, it’s just not worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A friend (another member here who is a long-term Walther P99 & PPQ CCW user) sent me this last night. It's too long by half and cringe-y in a couple places, and leaves out things like what ammunition he's using, but does show what these guns do in the field.
    Plus points for -20 F in Iowa...
    Minus points for the "Influencer" aspect, as mentioned above.

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    My two thoughts (and they aren't worth 0.25$) ...

- Yes, it does look like they got the optic as low as Atei does on an M&P for the Acro. That is good;

- My first impression was "another polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol? that's like another right-hand Glock holster." Then I went to the webpage for one of the two named holster companies ... Annddd, they only make a right-hand holster for the gun.
    Throw a thousand lumen U-boat on the thing and drop it into a PHLster Floodlight, there, southpaw sensei.

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I will be very interested in shooting one of these, as Walther seemed to put a lot of thought into the design.
    Same here!

Can’t say I’ve ever really given Walther more than a passing glance, but this thing seems exceptionally well thought out. They got design input from really standout guys like Jedi and CHPWS plus they were forward-thinking enough to go ahead and have aftermarket support ready at launch. If the trigger is as good as or better than the PPQs I’ve messed with then the PDP is going to warrant some serious consideration.

As an aside when Googling the Walther PDP I kept getting results for some pepper spray gun they produce(d). That was a bit confusing initially.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List