Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Looks like an Acro sits low enough to co-witness with the factory sights.

I did get to spend quiet a bit of time with a steel frame but always wished it would have had a longer grip. Now that Walther has 18rd mags maybe that means that a SF with 18rd mags is around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    On the “3rd mode”—I guess I don’t even really perceive it. The thing’s cocked until I hit the button. The fact that trigger stays forward when it’s cocked is kinda... superfluous.
    I 100% agree, but even though it's not more complicated in actual use, it *sounds* more complicated, and that very likely had a negative impact on sales back when the P99 was Walther's flagship duty/carry pistol design, and now the P99 is basically an afterthought in Walther's line.

Shameless self promotion!
    Name:  MF7A8073.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  39.3 KB

I think Walther is doing a ton of the right things on this. Will they take over the world? Probably not, but they have a great pistol with a great support network and they are aware of what it's gonna take to win any market share.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I 100% agree, but even though it's not more complicated in actual use, it *sounds* more complicated, and that very likely had a negative impact on sales back when the P99 was Walther's flagship duty/carry pistol design, and now the P99 is basically an afterthought in Walther's line.
    Yup. Good point. Though I’d guess price is almost always the biggest determinant; from what I gather, Glock basically gave their stuff away to the LE market. And sort defined the landscape of the SFA market in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Yup. Good point. Though I’d guess price is almost always the biggest determinant; from what I gather, Glock basically gave their stuff away to the LE market. And sort defined the landscape of the SFA market in doing so.
    To be fair, Glock was pretty much the first one on the plastic SFA people popper scene, and arrived at that transitional place where a majority of police departments were running revolvers- and wanted to give those new fangled auto chuckers a go.
    And, since most of the other contemporary auto chuckers were mostly made out of machined metal, they did have a pretty good cost advantage. Of course, having a good strip club on tap didn't hurt matter too much.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I was our outdoor club range late last year running some drills. A couple and their two sons were waiting for a bay and I was finishing up and waved them over.
    She was shooting a Walther PPQ M2 Tungsten. They had been watching what I was doing and asked some questions. As we talked she asked me if I would like to shoot her gun. Now, I've never been a Walther guy but I said, sure. Like motorcycles, if you ask me if I want to ride it, well oh hell yeh. I won't pass up a chance to shoot someone else's gun either.
    She actually encouraged me to run some drills with it.
    I was pleasantly surprised at how good it felt in my hand. And the trigger. What a nice trigger. To the point I may look into acquiring one.
    The other thing I noticed was the lack of "Glock finger" going on.
    Decent sights too.
    I may have to rethink my opinion of Walther at this point based on that experience.
    Truth be known, I probably shot it better than my M&P and probably because of the sweet trigger.
    Just thoughts.
    Oh, and watching them while I picked up my stuff I noticed that they were quite good shooters too. Good to see a family enjoying the sport.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Shameless self promotion!
    Name:  MF7A8073.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  39.3 KB

I think Walther is doing a ton of the right things on this. Will they take over the world? Probably not, but they have a great pistol with a great support network and they are aware of what it's gonna take to win any market share.
    Damn bro, nice! Do you happen to offer a left handed model? I probably know the answer but still have to ask lol.

I'm a sucker for Walthers. When the PPQ first came out I put 25k through it in 6 months. Unfortunately I never quite felt comfortable carrying it because of how light the trigger was (just personal preference). I've spotted a few of PDPs on GB and I have a feeling I'll be buying a couple. If anything they could make decent steel challenge guns

Interesting pistol. I generally like Walther. That being said, this thing has been pimped so hard by "influencers" on instagram that its hard for me to like just because of that.

The PDP looks promising. I hope the recoil impulse is softer then the PPQ. I sold my PPQ because it felt like a .40 S&W firing 115gr @ 1100fps powder puff steel case just weirdly snappy.

Meanwhile, I stumbled across this on google images...

Walther Q5 SF 'Black Tie'...one of the cooler looking production pistols I've seen.

https://www.krale.shop/uk/walther-q5...-sf-black-tie/

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    The PDP looks promising. I hope the recoil impulse is softer then the PPQ. I sold my PPQ because it felt like a .40 S&W firing 115gr @ 1100fps powder puff steel case just weirdly snappy.

Meanwhile, I stumbled across this on google images...

Walther Q5 SF 'Black Tie'...one of the cooler looking production pistols I've seen.

https://www.krale.shop/uk/walther-q5...-sf-black-tie/

Man that thing is like an ugly painting at the art museum. It follows you around the room and you can't help but gawk at it.

Oof...

User Tag List