Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Fennell View Post
    I’ve been evaluating a PDP for almost 2 months. I’ve got the compact. A natural comparison for me has been my favorite WC EDCx9. Turns out the WC EDCx9 mags work in the PDP compact flawlessly, as long as the mag release button is in the original’right hand’ position. I don’t even notice which mags I’m using any longer.
    Mags for the EDC9 are based on the PPQ mags which in turn, are based on Beretta mags. Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn said this is because the mag design is one of the most reliable.

The Walther PDP is a pretty special blaster. Trigger is the best factory trigger I’ve ever experienced on a plastic framed, striker fired pistol. Accuracy is superb. About 1100 rounds thru it at this point, and zero malfunctions.

Best,

Will
    I dry fired a PDP. It's the same trigger as the PPQ but better. Crisper and more solid. That spongy, flexy feeling the triggers common with striker fired polymer pistols is gone. It's a small thing, but a leap forward in trigger feel. It's what polymer framed striker fired triggers should have been from the beginning.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Anyone got a line on available full-size mags, either Canik or Walther brand? Have a 4” full-size and need a few more mags for games but all searches have shown out of stock.

The magshack has them in stock both 18 and 20 rounds, I just ordered some a couple days ago and they’ll be here this afternoon. Beats waiting for walther getting them in stock for their $49 msrp, I’ve apparently been spoiled by Glock, CZ, and Beretta mags.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch98 View Post
    I’ve apparently been spoiled by Glock, CZ, and Beretta mags.
    What's really funny about this is that CZ, Beretta, and Walther all use essentially the same mag design, just with the mag catch holes in different spots, and I believe all of them are made by Mec-Gar. There's a guy on the Walther forum who uses 30-round Beretta mags in his PPQ - he just put the hole the PPQ needs in the mag and it worked. I'm not recommending that, of course, because it would be easy to screw up the machining operation required, but it does demonstrate how similar they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Mags for the EDC9 are based on the PPQ mags which in turn, are based on Beretta mags. Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn said this is because the mag design is one of the most reliable.

I dry fired a PDP. It's the same trigger as the PPQ but better. Crisper and more solid. That spongy, flexy feeling the triggers common with striker fired polymer pistols is gone. It's a small thing, but a leap forward in trigger feel. It's what polymer framed striker fired triggers should have been from the beginning.
    I agree that the trigger is phenomenal on the PDP. Not that it is so light, but how the shape and pull feel are so conducive to accurate shooting.

The magshack has them in stock both 18 and 20 rounds, I just ordered some a couple days ago and they’ll be here this afternoon. Beats waiting for walther getting them in stock for their $49 msrp, I’ve apparently been spoiled by Glock, CZ, and Beretta mags.
    Aren’t those Century Arms and Pro Mag as opposed to OEM/MecGar?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Since I still have near a dozen VP9 pistols, I did some subjective comparing with the new PDP, and hope to have time to post those observations later today.

I just ordered some 18 and 20 round ones from here a couple days ago and they’ll be here tomorrow.

https://themagshack.com/shop/pistol-...und-black-mag/

https://themagshack.com/shop/pistol-...nded-magazine/
    Thanks! Ordered 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I agree that the trigger is phenomenal on the PDP. Not that it is so light, but how the shape and pull feel are so conducive to accurate shooting.

Aren’t those Century Arms and Pro Mag as opposed to OEM/MecGar?
    The Century Arms ones are the oem mag they are made by mecgar. The pro mag ones can be picked up for $19.99 and used as a nice paperweight, although you may have malfunctions with any papers being held down.

The Century Arms ones are the oem mag they are made by mecgar. The pro mag ones can be picked up for $19.99 and used as a nice paperweight, although you may have malfunctions with any papers being held down.
    This forum is awesome, just got 6. They have 74 left, go get them!

https://themagshack.com/shop/pistol-...und-black-mag/

Also, Midway has Wilson EDC 9 15 round mags in stock which work in the PDP Compact. Awesome that Canik and Wilson use common mags with the PDP.

Thank you, ordered 5!
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List