Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I really appreciate the work that Walthers is putting into their pistols.
    I like their promotional video, too:

found a pic of the magwell, looks easier to load than the ppq

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    found a pic of the magwell, looks easier to load than the ppq
    I am an instructor at a local shop/range. Walked in this morning at 9:15. Was surprised to see 10 of these in the case and one available as a rental. I grabbed the rental for my class...basic pistol class. By 2 pm there were three left. I bought one.

Came back later in the evening and ran about 100 rounds through it.

The gun is fantastic. The trigger is outstanding. The grip and serrations are fantastic. It might be the best gun on the market for the price. Adjustable rear sights. Shot low right for 3 of us. Easy to adjust. Tight groups....really tight groups. Three dot sights are a little old school, but the front post is thin.

A red dot is going on ASAP anyway.

For kicks, I am going to run the gun in bullseye league Monday. I usually use a Sig p210 (red dot), Shadow 2 (red dot) or a Q5 (red dot) I’ll report back on my score. No mounting plate yet on the PDP, but I think the results will be interesting.

I had no intent on buying this gun today. Didn’t even read or watch a single review. Just fired a few rounds through the rental while teaching and had to have one.

Walther has put out a list of holsters available now, and parts compatibility between the new pistols and the PPQ — I am impressed with what they are doing to support this intro.

https://www.waltherforums.com/thread....125617/page-7
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    It's interesting to note that some of the parts hearken back to the P99. If it ain't broke...

I wasn't crazy about the video ad, but I'm not their market either.

Walther is doing a phenomenal job getting this pistol rolled out to market. If there are no hidden flaws or serious weak points to the design, They have just gained quite a bit more market share.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

If Walther has fixed the striker dropping issue, I might pick one up down the road just to mess around with.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I wasn't crazy about the video ad, but I'm not their market either.

Walther is doing a phenomenal job getting this pistol rolled out to market. If there are no hidden flaws or serious weak points to the design, They have just gained quite a bit more market share.
    Ad was a little cringe for me too. Doesn’t take anything away from what appears to be a solid option. They did a great job with the launch.

If you have an Expertvoice membership you can get a substantial discount on this item.

I’m still not seeing plates for ACRO despite the promotional materials that have released highlighting that particular optic.

https://waltherarms.com/optic-plate-request/

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    We'll do lefty. The plan is to do lefty for all new stuff and consider the costs doubled and just soak it up.
    Acknowledgment that left-handers exist and need holsters ... ^^^ ... is the most exciting part of the Walther release.

User Tag List