Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

One negative of the PDP is no plate for a Romeo 3 Max. Really like the Romeo 3 Max/XL for low sun angles.

As it turns out, I still have two Walther Q5 match pistols, and the pieces interchange with the PDP. Since a R3 Max plate is available from Springer Precision, that is a work around to drop a Q5 Match upper on the PDP lower. Will see.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    One negative of the PDP is no plate for a Romeo 3 Max. Really like the Romeo 3 Max/XL for low sun angles.

As it turns out, I still have two Walther Q5 match pistols, and the pieces interchange with the PDP. Since a R3 Max plate is available from Springer Precision, that is a work around to drop a Q5 Match upper on the PDP lower. Will see.
    Name:  C059ECB3-04E2-478B-A578-53AFE10F08F8.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  80.4 KB

Just curious as I am not knowledgeable on the Walther variants, but what does the PDP lower do for you that the Q5 frame doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Just curious as I am not knowledgeable on the Walther variants, but what does the PDP lower do for you that the Q5 frame doesn’t?
    Assuming you mean the Q5 match, and not the Q5 Steel Frame, the PDP full size has better texture, a longer grip, takes the 18 round MecGar magazines as opposed to the shorter 15 rounders, and has a beavertail.

I am just back from the range. The Q5 Match zeroed well and functioned reliably, but the 4.5 PDP was a much better shooting Carry Optics platform in my hands. The slide seemed flatter in recoil, the dot tracked more predictably, and the 4.5 PDP upper was just plain easier for me to shoot fast and accurately with.

Site Supporter
    Assuming you mean the Q5 match, and not the Q5 Steel Frame, the PDP full size has better texture, a longer grip, takes the 18 round MecGar magazines as opposed to the shorter 15 rounders, and has a beavertail.

I am just back from the range. The Q5 Match zeroed well and functioned reliably, but the 4.5 PDP was a much better shooting Carry Optics platform in my hands. The slide seemed flatter in recoil, the dot tracked more predictably, and the 4.5 PDP upper was just plain easier for me to shoot fast and accurately with.
    I'm with you on the PDP tracking flatter than the PPQ in general. I feel I can shoot my 4" compact PDP faster and more effortlessly as compared to my 5" PPQ - doesn't make much sense. My 5" PDP with a Walther Dynamic trigger group is an entirely different animal altogether - that gun shoots as flat as my g34 and nearly as flat as my 5" m2.0 in my hands. These PDPs really have me anxious for a steel frame built on the PDP platform and a new high cap PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I'm with you on the PDP tracking flatter than the PPQ in general. I feel I can shoot my 4" compact PDP faster and more effortlessly as compared to my 5" PPQ - doesn't make much sense. My 5" PDP with a Walther Dynamic trigger group is an entirely different animal altogether - that gun shoots as flat as my g34 and nearly as flat as my 5" m2.0 in my hands. These PDPs really have me anxious for a steel frame built on the PDP platform and a new high cap PPS.
    Do you have a 4.5 PDP -- that seems like the sweet spot for optics?

Site Supporter
    Do you have a 4.5 PDP -- that seems like the sweet spot for optics?

Not yet. The 4.5 FS is my next purchase...just waiting for one to pop up locally used as I'm not in a rush.

Ben Stoeger just put a video up tonight saying he is shooting a PDP in CO next year. I have three matches now with the PDP in the last week and it continues to grow on me.

No trigger issues?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    No trigger issues?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    See post #519

Here is how I have mine set up.

Name:  EC1E745A-42FE-46CC-814E-C345C4C2143C.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  45.6 KB

User Tag List