Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Pretty sure Walther didn't introduce a steel frame 380!

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/t...hot-show-2024/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Uncaptured spring is a PITA. I went that way because I know early Glock springs were uncaptured so I thought, "How bad can it be?" I quickly learned why Glock changed.
    I have no knowledge of this product, other than I know it exists:

https://zrtacticalsolutions.com/walt...ess-guide-rod/

The "PDP Full Size 4.5" Professional ACRO" is now on Walther's site. https://waltherarms.com/firearms/pdp...fessional-acro

IOP price is listed at $999!

Name:  Page 2.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  46.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pdp holster recommendations

Looking for an IDPA type holster for my full size PDP with trl1 hl? I currently have a trex arms ragnorak. Don’t care for it during dry fire.

Thanks
    Steve

Site Supporter
    The PDP with an Acro P2 has been selected by the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/pen...-duty-handgun/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I was just about to head in here with that and ask about the likelihood of a PDP Acro cut making it to market, and I see they already have an offering.. and it is LE only.

Yet another manufacturer to put out a factory Acro cut gun that is LE only.

Is there any good reason for these manufacturers to keep doing this?

First one to cease this nonsense gets me to convert from Glock (which also does this).

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    I was just about to head in here with that and ask about the likelihood of a PDP Acro cut making it to market, and I see they already have an offering.. and it is LE only.

Eh, it's not really LE only, IOP purchase allows for military and other first responders to also purchase it. AFAIK, at least Walther is allowing individual purchases, the rest of the manufacturers seem to typically only allow for institutional orders (though direct cuts do show up here and there at LGSes and GunBroker, along with the occasional distributor exclusives).

For example, this Talo exclusive: https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...riglo+suppresr

PDP full size 4.5 Journey begins

Finally finished setting up my pdp. Medium backstrap, Holosun 507c on factory plate, trl hl1, trex owb holster and kytex mag pouches.
    Took to range yesterday for optic zero (10yd).
    Summary
    Lube-slip 2000 ewl
    Rds fired-225
    No malfunctions
    Pros:
    Easy to shoot well for me
    Scored290 on super test( 15-2, 10-5, 5-3). All strings well within time.
    Consistently able to put 10 rds in 2 i. Square at 10 yds at fair fast pace
    Easily able to clean the 5in5 drill average time(3.6) from holster
    Doubles to a zone at 10 yds, shooting as fast as I saw dot-120 rds, threw x3 just left of a zone
    Pistol pointed well, no “omg where is my dot moments “
    Mag release in good spot for my hand
    Didn’t really notice any”whippiness”

Cons
    Pistol seems huge compared to my usual edc/trng pistol-g19 gen5

Way forward
    Get more mags, aiwb holster, start shooting at matches to compare scores, dedicate more range time.
    Track progress and issues

More to follow

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post

Is there any good reason for these manufacturers to keep doing this?

First one to cease this nonsense gets me to convert from Glock (which also does this).
    Well.

I have good news and I have bad news.

Spoiler: The good news is the bad news. The bad news is the good news. And that is that pistols cut for the Acro are available for civilians from the factory...

...the Glock factory.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Well.

I have good news and I have bad news.

Spoiler: The good news is the bad news. The bad news is the good news. And that is that pistols cut for the Acro are available for civilians from the factory...

...the Glock factory.
    Are they now?

Last I checked they were also LE only.

I don't care at this point which manufacturer makes one - I am a Glock shooter and I am happy to switch to ANY manufacturer that will sell me a factory Acro cut gun. I'm tired of this silly policy.

User Tag List