Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    I would like to see what the 5 inch Match version is all about.
    Five inch polymer PDP with a Dynamic Performance Trigger?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Five inch polymer PDP with a Dynamic Performance Trigger?
    That's what it looks like from the item details. Also 20 round mags, so probably standard mags with extensions and possibly a magwell. I'm thinking a 5 inch Pro SD minus a threaded barrel.

Something I don't like about the PDP is the the beaver tail. It protrudes further than necessary side to side, and has a flat section that smacks the base of my strong hand thumb. Nothing a dremel can't improve.

Name:  IMG_5835.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5836.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  30.7 KB

The only load I have shot a group with through my 5 inch PDP is PMC 124, and it shoots that load exceedingly well. This is freestyle today from 20 yards, and typical of the other groups I have shot with it.

Name:  IMG_5840.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  58.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    That's what it looks like from the item details. Also 20 round mags, so probably standard mags with extensions and possibly a magwell. I'm thinking a 5 inch Pro SD minus a threaded barrel.
    Ironically, the 4.5” PDP Pro SD has something like a 5.1” barrel. Walther has been playing catch-up to the rest of the industry for as long as I can remember. The P99 was probably their last innovative pistol; too bad it never caught on.

Not sure what they can announce these days that wouldn’t be a letdown.

Pretty rough crowd on PF! It may not be innovative, but with the PDP, Walther has a pistol that shoots two inches at 25 yards, has arguably the best stock trigger of any striker, offers an excellent optional performance trigger, with the 2.0 has a robust optics mounting system, comes in various grip and slide lengths, uses MecGar magazines, has great texture, and is reasonably priced.

PDP compact

Gonna go pick up PDP compact today. Dedicated glock shooter for decades here. However lately I have been noticing that with my g19 gen 5s set up with the GPT, holosun 507 and trl7a, I am working hard to get acceptable hits. I define those as a zone or down zero depending on target.
    I will set up the pdp similar
    Questions
    -has anyone used the after market recoil springs (15-13lb)
    -are pdp ammo sensitive i usually use federal 115 or 124, blazer115 or local company, defender 115 grn
    -

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Gonna go pick up PDP compact today. Dedicated glock shooter for decades here. However lately I have been noticing that with my g19 gen 5s set up with the GPT, holosun 507 and trl7a, I am working hard to get acceptable hits. I define those as a zone or down zero depending on target.
    I will set up the pdp similar
    Questions
    -has anyone used the after market recoil springs (15-13lb)
    -are pdp ammo sensitive i usually use federal 115 or 124, blazer115 or local company, defender 115 grn
    -

Thanks
    Steve
    I am using a W74 Tungsten guide rod and 15 pound recoil spring in my 5 inch PDP. For carry, I would stick with the OEM RSA and spring. I haven't noticed ammo sensitivity in my PPQ or PDP pistols. This guide rod might work for you:

https://modern-samurai-project.myshopify.com/products/

@GJM

Thanks for the info, was looking at that particular guide rod.
    Not the best shooter, compete in IDPA locally, taken several classes, just looking to get better performance, I know that is subjective, however can’t get it out of my mind that during my practice sessions it feels like im working hard. 100% probably me. The g5s give me consistent high 90s on the test, low 290s on super test, ~6.5 sec on the fast drill. Decent scores in IDPA.
    Probably over thinking

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    @GJM

Thanks for the info, was looking at that particular guide rod.
    Not the best shooter, compete in IDPA locally, taken several classes, just looking to get better performance, I know that is subjective, however can’t get it out of my mind that during my practice sessions it feels like im working hard. 100% probably me. The g5s give me consistent high 90s on the test, low 290s on super test, ~6.5 sec on the fast drill. Decent scores in IDPA.
    Probably over thinking

Thanks
    Steve
    Most hardware changes are a distraction. On the other hand, a large part of the game is mental, and a change can excite and motivate you.

Both the G5 Glock and PDP shoot great at 25. The Glock is softer shooting, easier to reload and easier to maintain /accessorize. The Walther is the easier pistol to press the trigger without disturbing the sights.

Are these still experiencing the trigger degradation issue or was that the PPQ? Its difficult to keep track sometimes.

User Tag List