Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    I am going to buy the compact as soon as its available in my area. I know that the sight cuts are for Glock sights, my question is which Glock sights, Gen 3 & 4 or gen 5? on glocks there is a difference in poi between the sights
    Safest answer is to shoot the PDP with factory sights, observe POI, measure those sights and choose accordingly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    I just played with the full size gripped model a bit ago in a Bass Pro (so no luck trying the trigger). I really liked the grip but thought it was a bit longer than a Glock 17. I also really liked the slide.

I just checked websites, the Glock 17.5 is 5.47 in and the DPD is 5.7

Jason
    Oh well, hopefully they come out with a slim mag well or something for the compact to add just a tad more length.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, so sorry if this was already addressed, but is it still a fully tensioned striker or did the internals change at all. I dig on the PPQ but the trigger is just a little too "good" for me to be comfortable with on a defensive gun.

It has a very good if not better PPQ Trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, so sorry if this was already addressed, but is it still a fully tensioned striker or did the internals change at all. I dig on the PPQ but the trigger is just a little too "good" for me to be comfortable with on a defensive gun.
    As far as I know, it’s still a fully tensioned striker. Apparently they lightened the take up on the trigger to accentuate the wall, but I can’t say what that feels like as I’ve never played with one. The trigger on a regular PPQ is already pretty light.

With all the other positives the gun brings to the table, I’m not sure how I feel having a light trigger on a defensive gun honestly. Sure, I’d prefer to have a manual safety or striker control device, but the way I set my AIWB holsters up paired with good reholstering technique make me feel safe enough that not having a striker control device or safety isn’t a deal breaker by itself.

It probably won’t make a great threat management gun, but LE have been doing threat management with glock triggers for a while now.

Mostly I’m just excited to shoot this thing, it’s thoroughly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Can anybody comment on how the full size PDP compares to a g17 in terms of grip length? I’m thinking it might conceal a little better in AIWB just because it doesn’t have the corner or the magazine protruding, but if the grip is longer than a g17s I’ll be going for the compact.
    As mentioned previously, its about. 25 inch longer than the G17. It's a little shorter than a CZ P09 or P10F with mag inserted.

I have noticed that, surprisingly, thefirearmblog.com has had zero coverage of the new Walther — wonder if they are tied up with a major manufacturer?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Question

The PDP takes Glock sights. Should I get sights for a G17 or G19 to put on mine?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have noticed that, surprisingly, thefirearmblog.com has had zero coverage of the new Walther — wonder if they are tied up with a major manufacturer?
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease:

New Flagship Handgun from Walther Arms: Performance Duty Pistol (PDP)

Posted 1 hour ago in Daily News, Product Announcement, Semi-Auto by Eric B with 2 Comments

Just got my full size in. I now own all 3 models. Also received the shipping notification from Walther on 1 of my optics plates, only took 1 business day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List