Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

My PDP pistols are 2,000 miles away, so it will be a while.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My PDP pistols are 2,000 miles away, so it will be a while.
    Any recollection on the date codes? Would be valuable for potential buyers in this thread to at least validate or discredit the idea that a change on current production models may have resolved this.
    Join FPC

Also there appear to be 18 round mags available in a couple places:

Link

Another link
    Join FPC

I tried lubing both the striker block itself and the trigger bar protrusion that interfaces with the block- no change in the hump sensation during pre-travel. Early production- purchased first week of release, entire gun already went back to Walther once due to repeated malfs, diagnosed as bad mags/replaced with blue follower mags. Name:  9204BFEB-E355-4941-B82E-DB1952765119.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  66.8 KB

EDIT- at this point it’s likely to get traded. It’s not a bad gun, but it’s accuracy and degraded to “decent but not great” trigger don’t outweigh the logistical issues it presents- holster and mag availability, plus it handles just differently enough that I’d need to burn a fair bit of reps and ammo to build confidence in both it and my handling/presentation/manipulations.
    Last edited by DpdG; 09-01-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Autocorrect issues
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I tried lubing both the striker block itself and the trigger bar protrusion that interfaces with the block- no change in the hump sensation during pre-travel. Early production- purchased first week of release, entire gun already went back to Walther once due to repeated malfs, diagnosed as bad mags/replaced with blue follower mags. Name:  9204BFEB-E355-4941-B82E-DB1952765119.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  66.8 KB

EDIT- at this point it’s likely to get traded. It’s not a bad gun, but it’s accuracy and degraded to “decent but not great” trigger don’t outweigh the logistical issues it presents- holster and mag availability, plus it handles just differently enough that I’d need to burn a fair bit of reps and ammo to build confidence in both it and my handling/presentation/manipulations.
    Agree with your reasoning 100%...a gun has to really shine to get selected over a Glock/S&W/Beretta, and if the trigger degrades, and other problems present, the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. That is why I am interested in getting to the bottom of this in some way other than putting 3,000 rounds (replaced at 50¢ a piece) through my own.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    That is why I am interested in getting to the bottom of this in some way other than putting 3,000 rounds (replaced at 50¢ a piece) through my own.
    Today, I bought a case of 124 +P HST for pre-Covid pricing, equivalent to what I paid for same in 2017. I’m finding quality brass cased Norma 9mm for $0.21/round. If you’re really paying $0.50/round, you (with all due respect) need to shop better.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Today, I bought a case of 124 +P HST for pre-Covid pricing, equivalent to what I paid for same in 2017. I’m finding quality brass cased Norma 9mm for $0.21/round. If you’re really paying $0.50/round, you (with all due respect) need to shop better.
    Where are you finding 21¢? I am not looking that hard (or much at all), I'm more just waiting for things to get better. But if I had a line on 21¢ 9mm I'd probably pick up a case or two.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Where are you finding 21¢? I am not looking that hard (or much at all), I'm more just waiting for things to get better. But if I had a line on 21¢ 9mm I'd probably pick up a case or two.
    I look everyday and seldom see anything for less than $.38-.40/rd. There is a fair amount of in stock ammo, but price seems to have stabilized at $400/1000 for now.

Site Supporter

What!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Enquiring minds want to know! Please do share…unless it’s frowned upon.

Norma 9mm at .21 would be a distant outlier right now. I've seen it several places in the last week, and bought some, and it was nearly twice that, at the best pricing I saw. More than twice, at some places.

No offense to the poster, and if he got it for .21, more power to him, but I think it's a math error. $21 for a box of 50? You bet. $10.50? That retailer wouldn't have survived 2020, with COVID/BLM/Biden.

User Tag List