Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Does anyone know what the agency price on these is? The street prices I’ve seen (~$800) aren’t going to lend themselves very well to municipal contracts and budgets. Glock has a steep mark up for their consumer market, is Walther following a similar pricing format?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Does anyone know what the agency price on these is? The street prices I’ve seen (~$800) aren’t going to lend themselves very well to municipal contracts and budgets. Glock has a steep mark up for their consumer market, is Walther following a similar pricing format?
    I just bought one for $650 + tax at my local, excellent gun store.

Quote Originally Posted by chp5 View Post
    I just bought one for $650 + tax at my local, excellent gun store.
    Same price at LGS for me this week.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Regarding the "optic plate is going to break!!!" video, SpartanNC (Master USPSA guy and firearms trainer) has been working with Walther on these guns since September and none of his PDP optic plates have broken. He addressed this on his Instagram story today apparently after several people messaged him about it. I'm not sure how to link Instagram stories, but I did think it was encouraging that Walther has tested this gun with a lot of high round count competition shooters and they all have great things to say about them.

Is it easy to bump the slide stop like vp9/p226 on her?

I know I know. Change your grip and it won’t happen... but still.

I like the looks of her and it seems to have most everything available that usually sucks on a new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Is it easy to bump the slide stop like vp9/p226 on her?

I know I know. Change your grip and it won’t happen... but still.

I like the looks of her and it seems to have most everything available that usually sucks on a new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have frequent problems with the VP9 slide stop and had to change grip with the P226. Only about 200 rounds through the PDP so far, but no slide stop issues have presented yet.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

From Walther on optic plate issue:

https://waltherarms.com/2021/03/15/w...e-stress-test/

I do not have one yet but was quoted $599 plus tax.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think it's pretty impressive that they even bothered to give a serious response to what was basically clickbait.

It is interesting that they tested 10,000 to 50,000 rounds on different pistols with no maintenance and no damage. As I recall, HK recommends, or did recommend, changing the screws that hold the optic plate to the slide every 2,000 rounds.

Walther gets credit for providing this information, as I have not seen another manufacturer offer anything detailed on their optics plate system.

User Tag List