Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

I stumbled upon this...

https://www.gunsandammo.com/videodetail/walther-pdp-professional-law-enforcement-exclusive-duty-pistol/364056/482010

Walther PDP Professional Law Enforcement
    - Full-size 4.5" with ACRO cut
    - Tritium sights
    - Dynamic Performance Trigger
    - Aluminum magwell
    - Three (3) 20-round magazines
    - Aimpoint ACRO P-2

...all for $999!

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    I stumbled upon this...

https://www.gunsandammo.com/videodetail/walther-pdp-professional-law-enforcement-exclusive-duty-pistol/364056/482010

Walther PDP Professional Law Enforcement
    - Full-size 4.5" with ACRO cut
    - Tritium sights
    - Dynamic Performance Trigger
    - Aluminum magwell
    - Three (3) 20-round magazines
    - Aimpoint ACRO P-2

...all for $999!
    That is basically a $999 package without the Acro so I suspect something isn't accurate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is basically a $999 package without the Acro so I suspect something isn't accurate.
    ’twould suck if Walther's director of communications was wrong.

Looking at the IOP price sheet, the Full-size Pro SD is looking to be $655. Ditch the threaded barrel for night sights, throw on an IOP ACRO, and you're at approximately $1140. It could be worth ~$140 to Walther to have their gun in a duty holster.

Discovered that Walther offers a nice discount through ExpertVoice...kinda tempted.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

If Walther is aggressively pursuing market share among LEOs, offering steep discounts to officers who buy their own weapons makes sense, and this doesn't appear unreasonable to me.

Obviously agency contracts would be better, but its an interesting strategy to chip away at the individual officer purchase portion of the market.

Whether that will pay off for them, only time will tell.

If true, I am impressed Walther has the horsepower to get Acros in quantity to pull this off. I am curious as to whether you find this actual offer with all the details.

This afternoon as we were leaving the range, some people were pulling in to shoot after us in our bay. They had one of the new Walther steel frame pistols. I coonfingered it, and something was wrong with the dynamic performance trigger. $1,800 seems like a lot for this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here's a video review of a PDP I watched this morning: https://youtu.be/8927rEvTAIE?si=Ge8M2yGWMzgVxEiq

Site Supporter
    If true, I am impressed Walther has the horsepower to get Acros in quantity to pull this off. I am curious as to whether you find this actual offer with all the details.

This afternoon as we were leaving the range, some people were pulling in to shoot after us in our bay. They had one of the new Walther steel frame pistols. I coonfingered it, and something was wrong with the dynamic performance trigger. $1,800 seems like a lot for this.
    Walther may be junior varsity here but in Europe, the big 3 duty guns are Glock, Walther, HK.

I believe the Pennsylvania state police specified the ACRO on their new PDP. That may have provided Walter an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I believe the Pennsylvania state police specified the ACRO on their new PDP. That may have provided Walter an opportunity.
    PSP specified the ACRO be mounted and installed at the factory by Walther.

With a quantity around 5,000 units, I'm sure that opportunity created quite the relationship between Walther and Aimpoint.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    PSP specified the ACRO be mounted and installed at the factory by Walther.

With a quantity around 5,000 units, I'm sure that opportunity created quite the relationship between Walther and Aimpoint.
    I wonder if we’ll see more agencies specifying that in the future.

User Tag List