Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If it’s a matter of the shoe, wouldn’t a P99/PPQ shoe (#131) work? Given that PPQ slides are seemingly more or less interchangeable on PDP frames, I would think the P99/PPQ shoes should work. (Photo lifted from Walther forum).
    That would make sense. I don't have a MGW though so I ended up doing some fitting on the rear sight and getting it on there.

Waiting on the optic plate to get in so I can throw the dot back on it.

Name:  PXL_20210427_204507190.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  36.0 KB

Name:  PXL_20210427_204456420.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  56.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If it’s a matter of the shoe, wouldn’t a P99/PPQ shoe (#131) work? Given that PPQ slides are seemingly more or less interchangeable on PDP frames, I would think the P99/PPQ shoes should work. (Photo lifted from Walther forum).
    Given that P99/PPQ sights are not Glock pattern the way the PDP ones are, and their slide profile is much less chunky than the PDP, I'm not sure that's a safe assumption.

Wacky photo - it's downright weird to see a 1st generation P99 frame with a PDP slide on it, but given the design/parts commonality between the P99, PPQ, and PDP, I expect it probably functions, albeit with no decocker function, of course.

[QUOTE=olstyn;1214266]Given that P99/PPQ sights are not Glock pattern the way the PDP ones are, and their slide profile is much less chunky than the PDP, I'm not sure that's a safe assumption.

The shoe on the MGW Sight Pro is internal in the slide and has no relationship to the specifics of the externals of the slide or the sights- the rail dimensions are all that matter.

The Sight Pro can be set up for either angled or flat sights, and the “chunkiness” of the slide doesn’t matter either, as that is an independent adjustment.

Mine has paid for itself several times already, it is the best overall solution for this sort of thing, especially when running tritium sights (which don’t always get along with a hammer and punch).

Of course if you only have a couple of pistols, or never change out sights, it’s overkill.

[QUOTE=Archer1440;1214311]
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Given that P99/PPQ sights are not Glock pattern the way the PDP ones are, and their slide profile is much less chunky than the PDP, I'm not sure that's a safe assumption.

The shoe on the MGW Sight Pro is internal in the slide and has no relationship to the specifics of the externals of the slide or the sights- the rail dimensions are all that matter.

The Sight Pro can be set up for either angled or flat sights, and the “chunkiness” of the slide doesn’t matter either, as that is an independent adjustment.

Mine has paid for itself several times already, it is the best overall solution for this sort of thing, especially when running tritium sights (which don’t always get along with a hammer and punch).

Of course if you only have a couple of pistols, or never change out sights, it’s overkill.
    Thanks for the clarification - that makes perfect sense then. As someone who only has a pair of P99s (one full size, one "c"), and who uses an aftermarket rear sight on both of them which retains the factory windage adjustment mechanism, I don't need a sight pusher at all (sights slide in and out of the P99's slide under finger pressure alone, and are retained by the adjustment mechanism), so I didn't know what I didn't know.

Does anybody have a source for 18rd mags? I can’t find Walther or Canik mags anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Does anybody have a source for 18rd mags? I can’t find Walther or Canik mags anywhere.
    I have 3 NIB Canik 18 round magazines. If you are interested send ma a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Well I ran into my first issue with my full size/4”. On two successive league nights I had weird feed issues on burner stages- one complete failure to feed (in battery, empty chamber) and two double feeds. At first I wasn’t sure what to make of it, then I noticed all issues were using Canik mags, not the Walther ones. In dry fire I noticed the meat of my support palm easily dislodged the Canik mags, but not the Walthers.

I got to checking the mags and noticed the mag release was not fully engaged, as seen with the backside not flush:Attachment 69411

Next I inspected both Walther and Canik mags and noticed the mag release cutout in the tube was not identical. Walther: Attachment 69412
    Canik:Attachment 69413

Next I measured and ground the cutout to match the Walther mags and voila: Attachment 69414

EDIT- Have not live fire tested my “fix” yet, will report back. In the meanwhile I’d suggest sticking to Walther mags for defensive purposes.
    I e’mailed Taylor Freelance regarding extension compatibility. They state that while their Walther 140mms will fit on a Canik, the Canik mag catches are about 0.050” in the wrong place (they did not specify where). They do not recommend their use with extensions because this apparently presents the rounds low.

FWIW, and back to the waiting room for me. I’ve sourced 5 Canik mags and I hope they’ll be fine for range use, but for now I’ll only be putting extensions on my two OEM Walther mags for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure if I mentioned in this thread, but on a lark I bought a Walther Q4 steel frame a few days ago, and shot it at our local match today. I can use the same X300 TREX holster that works with the PDP, and I use the same 18 round Canik and Walther MecGar mags plus Taylor Freelance 140 extensions that I use in the PDP. I had a really solid match and enjoyed the Q4 a lot. It is funny that the review I watched on it by the Military Arms channel basically said it is a heavy piece of junk that had little appeal. I find it an easy gun to shoot well and the weight makes it an alpha shooting machine. Here is my match video from today.

Which would you say is better for USPSA, PDP, or Q4SF?

I just got my Walther factory optic plate in but it didn't come with screws and the screws that come with the Holosun are too long. Anyone know what the right screws are to mount a Holosun 407c/507c?

Site Supporter

PDP/PPQ Compact 15+2 Mags Available

From Walther, $46 each. I don't know if this is needed or a fair deal, just got the email because I'm on Walther's list.

User Tag List