Thread: Ultrasound Learning Procedure and Clarification

Ultrasound Learning Procedure and Clarification

Hello,

I know this has been discussed, but really wanted to verify my procedure so I do not ruin any of my guns. I just tried my first cleaning round on a Springfield Ronin, and it came out spotless. I just want to verity below that what I am doing for the cleaning should not hurt any of the materials. I was originally going to use the Lucas Bore Cleaner, but to hard to find in my area. But if really the true solvent to use, I can order.

My Product and Procedure:

Simple Green HD, used ratio 1:5 (which they show as a medium strength)
    Temperature: 160 degrees
    Run Time: 20 minutes
    Usage: (How many times can I reuse the concentrate before I make a new batch)

Any issues doing this with Cerakote items.

Thank you for your time,
    JR

You don't specify whether your frame is steel or aluminum (Springfield has an aluminum framed Ronin https://www.springfield-armory.com/1...onin-handguns/ ), but I don't think Simple Green is aluminum safe.

Hello,

Sorry, I did miss that. Yes, I do believe most of my guns will be aluminum and definitely some Polymer. Thank you for the catch.

Best Regards, JR

Site Supporter
    What specific part # are you using for simple green. Most is aluminum safe iirc. They had a problem years ago. Should be listed on the bottle. Or off the website in various forms

Hello,

Simple Green HD SB-224. It mentions fine for aluminum. Thank you

In general, it's not a good idea to sonicate aluminum parts as it can result in pitting.

User Tag List