Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Looked one over today, the compact, nice changes. The serrations don't seem as severe in real life, Thank God. Have an M1 PPQ may have to try one. Would love to see sub and micro compact in this line

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Looked one over today, the compact, nice changes. The serrations don't seem as severe in real life, Thank God. Have an M1 PPQ may have to try one. Would love to see sub and micro compact in this line
    A PPS/PDP would be terrific. Single stack, optic ready, 10 rounds minimum

Just got my first PDP Compact in.

Pros - Grip texture is awesome, ergos are great for my hands, solid stock adjustable sights, magwell is better than the PPQ, and the trigger is light/short reset (maybe a little more takeup than the PPQ which I personally like for a gun that I'll both carry and compete with).

Cons - trigger reset is not as positive as I'd like, but honestly that won't matter very much when shooting fast/competing.

My plan was to put an Acro on this thing and keep the stock sights, but I'm not seeing an option for the Acro plate despite the Vickers intro with him running an Acro. Will email them and see if I can track one down.
    Last edited by Kirk; 02-20-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Just got my first PDP Compact in.

Pros - Grip texture is awesome, ergos are great for my hands, solid stock adjustable sights, magwell is better than the PPQ, and the trigger is light/short reset (maybe a little more takeup than the PPQ which I personally like for a gun that I'll both carry and compete with).

Cons - trigger reset is not as positive as I'd like, but honestly that won't matter very much when shooting fast/competing.

My plan was to put an Acro on this thing and keep the stock sights, but I'm not seeing an option for the Acro plate despite the Vickers intro with him running an Acro. Will email them and see if I can track one down.
    https://www.recoilweb.com/walther-pd...ss-165755.html
    Walther will be providing factory plates for RMR, DeltaPoint Pro, and Vortex pattern optics. But they’re also working with C&H Precision to make aftermarket plates available for the Aimpoint ACRO/Holosun 509T and RMRcc, as well as the RMR/ SRO/507/508 and Vortex. As an added bonus, the PDP will accept any Glock-pattern iron sights, giving you a plethora of options right out the gate regardless of whether iron sights are your primary or backup option.

Note on the chpws home page, they have the ACRO mounted on a PDP. I don't search very deep, but didn't see an obvious way to order it yet.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    https://www.recoilweb.com/walther-pd...ss-165755.html

Note on the chpws home page, they have the ACRO mounted on a PDP. I don't search very deep, but didn't see an obvious way to order it yet.
    Awesome man, thanks for the info! I'm going to throw a holosun on it until I can get one of the Acro plates, hopefully it'll be available soon.

For those thinking of ordering a PDP for competition like I did, you might want to just go ahead and order 2 lol. Mags for the M2 PPQ (fits the compact) are nearly impossible to find, and I can only assume that PDP mags themselves for the full size will be equally scarce. I realize *all* hi-cap mags are scarce now, but there aren't even price gougers selling M2 mags on GB.

Name:  60CFC42A-3F02-4844-BA7C-A7A54B77DE8D.jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  33.9 KB
    David S.

Picked mine up on Friday. Have a Holosun 509T on the way, C&H has the plates completed and is shipping them to Walther this week. I'm loving it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Picked mine up on Friday. Have a Holosun 509T on the way, C&H has the plates completed and is shipping them to Walther this week. I'm loving it so far!

I see you are in TX, how did it do in the cold?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I see you are in TX, how did it do in the cold?
    I picked it up at RifleGear and walked my happy butt 20 feet over to their indoor range, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Name:  60CFC42A-3F02-4844-BA7C-A7A54B77DE8D.jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  33.9 KB
    Okay fine.

I'll admit it.

For the first time ever an ACRO mounted on a pistol has my attention. Getting it this low on the gun makes a difference to me.

I want to see how the PDP does in terms of performance overall. And whether or not the striker can be dropped with a hard reload like the PPQ.

User Tag List