Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winegamd View Post
    The Plunger spring change is negligible. I collapsed some coils on mine, so it is probably even lighter than the Sprinco/Galleway units. I didn't really notice any difference in the pull weight. There is just no resistance or hump in the take-up now.

In my opinion, the safety plunger is way over-sprung from the factory. The amount of force it would to take to move the couple of gram plunger far enough to release the striker would require a much larger force than anything i can conceivably inflict "accidentally" with my lightened spring.

The trigger return spring will drop you down to a scant 3-3.5lbs. Unless you're looking for jail bait splits in a competition only application, that, to me, just seems entirely too light. Coming from a DA/SA Beretta 92, the Walther already feels dangerously light with the factory 4.5-5lb pull.

The plunger spring change, though, is an absolute must perform change IMO. It completely changes the already excellent pull.

I also recommend using some Slick 2000 or Wilson gun grease (or other high quality gun grease) in the spring cup and plunger channel. It has a better tactile feel and will help keep fine dust out of the channel a little better to prevent any "grittiness".
    Thanks. Interesting stuff to experiment with in the plunger spring. My PPQ pulls at a "light feeling" but actual weight of 5.5lbs, which is why I asked about that because I want it to stay that way. Trigger return spring will stay as is regardless.

I haven't yet experienced any degradation, but I've also not been able to run many real rounds through it over the past year, though a good bit of dry fire.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Sounds like they will reduce factory pull weight though.

Have you tried any of the above?
    A lighter striker block spring will reduce the weight of the first stage but will not affect the second stage (the sear break).

My concern with a lighter striker block spring is safety. Will a lighter spring let the striker block bounce if the pistol is dropped?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A lighter striker block spring will reduce the weight of the first stage but will not affect the second stage (the sear break).

My concern with a lighter striker block spring is safety. Will a lighter spring let the striker block bounce if the pistol is dropped?
    The amount of force it would require to collapse the spring far enough to release the striker would require you to slam the gun down on a table as hard as you possibly could directly on it's spine. Even then, I doubt you could get it to release.

The striker block is only a couple of grams. The speed needed to generate even 0.1 lb of force is more than a 20ft drop. To over come the tension of a 0.25lb spring and move it even 1mm would require purposeful intent trying to get the striker to release.

Plus, you would have to accelerate it fast enough to move it the couple of mm before the striker impacts it.

This is just a non issue.
    Last edited by Winegamd; 09-11-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Enough to upgrade two mags. Here. Just got the email from Walther about this.
    They also are sending a free 18 round mag with the two mag rebuild / upgrade kits.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch98 View Post
    They also are sending a free 18 round mag with the two mag rebuild / upgrade kits.
    I’ve already ordered, but where did you see this? Don’t see it on the upgrade kit page.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I’ve already ordered, but where did you see this? Don’t see it on the upgrade kit page.
    It was on the page where you added it to the cart.

Got a free magazine with my upgrade kit today.

Site Supporter
    Just checking in to see if anyone has been putting anymore rounds through their PDPs. I picked up a 5” FS and a 4” compact to compare to my M2.0s.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Just checking in to see if anyone has been putting anymore rounds through their PDPs. I picked up a 5” FS and a 4” compact to compare to my M2.0s.
    My live fire has stagnated, but I saw recently that Ben Stoeger has acquired a couple. Should be some interesting data points from a competitive perspective:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CWJuAS_LMmU/

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I'm extremely curious about the 5" full size myself, being a sucker for longslides and especially longslides with full length dustcovers.

I'm especially curious how the 5" stacks up to the G34/G17 recoil wise.

I had sold my 4" PPQ Compact a few years ago. Loved the ergos, trigger, and accuracy, but the recoil was weirdly snappy. 115gr subsonic plinking ammo felt like .40 s&w.

I'm hoping the 5" full size PDP will have solved this.

User Tag List