For what it is worth I have 2 Kahr PM-9s. One was bought in in 2003 another bought in 2016ish. I have about 1500-2000ish rounds between both of them. Both required a minimal break-in-- things like 1 or 2 failures to feed and failures of the slide to lock back in the first few magazines. When I bought my first one it was the smallest 9mm semi auto made.

It's best use is as a pocket holster carry gun that is very flat and doesn't print in a distinguishable way, while still providing a 9mm with good sights and a decent trigger. It is especially good for something to carry in dress or suit pants. Even though it is a D/A only trigger, it tends to be a relatively light and smooth D/A trigger, and I shoot tighter groups with the Kahr PM-9s than I do with my 9mm S&W Shield which has an apex trigger kit installed/

I have had had good luck with them, which is significant because I am typically someone who has an unusually large amount of issues with guns. But I have heard an uncomfortable number of issues that other people have experienced with them.